TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wow sad news

God bless him and his family and hope he doesn't suffer.

Please let him know he was important to us all

See him on the other side

VSRI (Suzuki VStrom) just lost its leader earlier this month

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I too am saddened by this news. Russ and Gina are the best. I realize that I will never be any healthier than I am today so I'm going to enjoy today to the best of my abilities. May we all pay attention to our priorities today in honor of folks, like Russ and Gina. Tom

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Joe,

If you make a run of these, I will gladly get one. Please let us know. My Tdub will certain wear it proudly.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I write this in sadness and my thoughts and prayers go out to Russ and his family.

Sad to hear that Russ is off on another adventure that may have him riding into the clouds. What better representative could we have above to resurrect all those TWs that went before him and to start working on those bikes and the trails many of us will meet him on in the not so distant future. I hope he finds a nice one for me and he saves me a spot in his shop so we can work together getting things ready for other new arrivals. When the time comes I am sure that Russ will find that stairway to heaven a ride his trusty TW all the way to the top.

Those who know him are the lucky ones and those who listened to his advice and did the upgrades will be able to follow in his tracks and join him on his journey. I know I won't be far behind and there are quite a few here who are in their golden years getting ready to make the trip.

Stay safe friend and Gods speed be with you.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Wow. just logged on and read this. I count Russ as one of the finest gentlemen I never had the chance to meet. My thoughts and prayers are with them both.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The drine Russ home from the hospital update.................. that drive home from the hospital was the scariest ride of my life! Russ has decided to go with hospice care for the remainder of his life and was anxious to be in the comfort of his home since he was not able to get a feeding tube inserted. Due to his wishes to get home quickly, he rather have me drive him home instead of the ambulance and naively agreed to do so. One of the thing I learned during this whole process is that when you have lung cancer and you're out of breath, its feeling like you're drowning. So what do you do when you're drowning, you panic and that what he did on the way home along with being in so much pain due to the delay of getting out of the hospital before he can get his next round of pain medicines.

So how did we get to this point? Well, when we checked into the hospital on Friday to manage his pain, it was discovered that his intestine is blocked. This is what was causing the tremendous amount of pain that he was feeling. They tried all sort of treatments to alleviate the blockage with no avail. After talking to the GI doctor on his chances of getting a feeding tube, he decided that it was time to let go and began the process of hospice care at home.

Now that he is at home, he is much more relaxed and surrounded by his family. I need to thank every one of his brothers and sisters for the support that have provided. Especially for bringing Christmas to our house. The decorations is beautiful. I know that I could have not done taken this journey alone.

·
Registered
601 Posts
This is so sad, I don't no him but he has helped me with me build.

I hope and pray he's in as little pain as possible and my thoughts are with him and his family at this time.

The guys a legend! I was thinking about him riding the tw through 4feet of water this weekend as it happends "mr carb vent".

I hope your reading the posts out to him to keep his mind busy!!!!

All the best Liz buddy and thank you for all your help!

All the best from the uk!

Craig

·
Registered
601 Posts

i don't put stickers on my bike, but this will be an exception.
Can you make and sell these? I feel compelled to put one on mine also please

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is truely a sad time. I have been one of the lucky few to have met and gone riding with Russ and Gina. I simply do not know what to say.

Russ, may you know peace on your way home to the Father. Even though we are not done with you and want you to stay, apparently God's desire to have you with Him is greater. God will be even greater for having you with Him.

Mario

·
Registered
583 Posts
Very sad news indeed. Russ is a legend and although he may leave us his legend will live on here on this forum that he helped make so great.
My thoughts and prayers for him,his family and friends.

Ride on Russ.

Steve

·
Registered
603 Posts
Just got here. Deeply bummed. I have been looking forward to putting together some of the California to Phoenix loop for him and and riding much of it with him. Everything everyone has already said.

Wish we could have met.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Came across this shortly after it was posted yesterday, nothing short of a punch in the gut. Couldn't think of the right thing to post then, and I still can't.

Thanks for all of the help and encouragement, Russ. You truly are the best!

41 - 60 of 124 Posts