TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on a charity run today and was not only the only tw but the only duel-sport there, the harley riders were all very nice to me. I had a lot of them come over to me to ask what is that? most thought is was a cool little bike, very few knew what it was. It was a good time and a good cause and I had a lot of fun. Oh and I was the only person there not wearing leather to. 20131214_094034.jpg 20131214_094054.jpg 20131214_094209.jpg 20131214_100420.jpg 20131214_112316.jpg well there was a few hondas there 1 goldwing and 6 sport bikes and 1 yamaha 600.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That's cool! Sounds like a good time. Thanks for sharing this. Santa rides a Harley?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice. Glad to see you were able to get out for a ride today. -16c here today without the windchill and a big storm coming tomorrow bringing 30cm of snow. Gonna be a while before I get out for a ride.:(

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
20131214_114526.jpg Yes Santa was on a harley, when we were on the ride a bike turning if front of santa went down, he was not with the ride but some random rider and what was funny he was picked up off the ground by santa! he and his bike were not hurt but decided to join the ride after that. It was called the rudolph run where we go to a whole bunch of businesses and pick up toys for the toys for tots charity.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Your 87 is awesome. The windscreen and hand guards are awesome. Would love to see a write up on them if you have time please. I've done a benifit ride with Harley's before. They were very accommodating speed wise. Glad you got to have some end of the year fun.
3468CF5B-47AA-41F0-84FE-511947C5C304_zpsmnjncnqg.jpg

Reactions: 66roadkill66

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes was going to do a write up on the bike when I get everything done, still working the bugs out of it. boy a tw sticks out like a sore thumb next to a bunch of harleys. Some of the harley riders looked a little jealous when I told them where I ride this thing. I don't own a street bike and never will again I don't like being limited where I can ride. Seems every time I go for a ride I end up in the woods somewhere.:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Cool, well I look forward to the write up. I'll keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I suppose if you roll in on your TW to a cozy tavern where Harley bikers hang out you might get some resistance. I have never heard of a bunch of Harley riders out for a nice ride being anything but friendly with other bikers and it is all good. This mystique that hog riders hate all other bikes is just that, mystique!

Most big bike guys who came from early dirt riding should find our bikes very desirable. You do know that roads get real boring mile after mile and a sweet looking trail along the way is exactly why I have a Dub. I can do U turns when I see a cool trail quicker than any hog and leave them in my dust!

GaryL

Reactions: 66roadkill66

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well GaryL I suppose your right most harley riders are nice people, I have had a few bad experiences with them in the past so I was a little gunshy, but it turned out just fine. There was only one guy there that was kind of a jerk, he was making fun of my bright orange helmet...granted you could see it from space and that's why I got it hoping the little old lady or guy will see me. I know a lot of riders like to make a fashion statement and that's ok but that's not me. sooo anyway hope I did not offend anybody to each there own I say. I don't know if I have said this before but I am a fan of most all bikes and what you choose to ride from a scooter to a big ol harley is ok in my book.

·
Registered
736 Posts
when I lived in jersey I did a lot of AMA district 2 rides. I was generally the only BMW, many times the only foreign bike. I'd always be right in the middle of them, some guys would come look at my bike, ask about it. When I went to the Tues get-togethers this summer I was the only Tdub, till another forum member brought his one time.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You stand out in a great way. The original hog/tank/tractor. TDUB

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow... that's a lot of bikes,were there any other tws? It seems tws are rare as I have only seen one in my area in the last year. In my area harleys are the most common bikes I see. when I am out riding I may see 20 harleys a couple of sport bikes and very rairly see any duel sports at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts