TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was rough!!! Most of the tents at the adventure bike rally collapsed. Mine and two others survived. Riders slepted on the floor of the lodge or trailers. I couldn't hear the person on the other end of the phone because of the flapping of the tent fabric. Stayed dry though. Took 18 hours + for the storm to pass. Lodge was running on generators all day Saturday and this morning. Couldn't fill my fuel tank until I was at least 45 miles inland and then there were lines of vehicles. More later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,355 Posts
It was rough!!! Most of the tents at the adventure bike rally collapsed. Mine and two others survived. Riders slepted on the floor of the lodge or trailers. I couldn't hear the person on the other end of the phone because of the flapping of the tent fabric. Stayed dry though. Took 18 hours + for the storm to pass. Lodge was running on generators all day Saturday and this morning. Couldn't fill my fuel tank until I was at least 45 miles inland and then there were lines of vehicles. More later.
Well it would not be an epic journey without a hurricane would it?:rolleyes:


Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
You are gonna love the Trail longroof. The weather looks ok for the next few days. Sun and cloud with 40% chance of showers.....that's 60% no showers.;) Pretty good odds.
Gonna be windy though. Out for a ride myself today and got tossed about somewhat.
Enjoy the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,605 Posts
Hurricane was a good endorsement for your tent. What types collapsed at rally? I have had good luck with a tight small freestanding quality hexagonal dome tent in moderately nasty stuff. I like no vestibules to catch wind,rounded low laying dome sheds gusts, downpours and snow better than roomier, taller tents.
Have a wonderful journey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
Glad you made it! My dad used to say...."if nothing goes wrong, you would not even remember this trip in 10 years, someone needs to fall out of the duck boat, drop a gun in the lake, get stuck in the mud, trailer smoke alarms go off in the middle of the nite etc. etc"
You will for sure never forget surviving that storm!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couldn't tell what type of tents they were. Looked like discarded nylon fabric covering trash heaps. Took a few photos of the camp. Will post later date.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top