TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to admit the long swing arm on the TW is RAD. Besides looking Bad Ass is there any advantage in installing an extended Swing Arm?

[video]http://japan.webike.net/products/1819290.html[/video]

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Hill climbing. Helps keep the front end down. Looks cool too!

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
As Brian shows above many with ATV tires like the greater clearance afforded since the front of the swing arm narrows. It can be pretty close to squarish profile wide ATV tires, and can trap trailside debris.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
RonnyDog, there are some nice changes made to your TW. I looked it over carefully in that picture.....good job.

We have extended the swingarm of our TW200/SR400 project bike by 2", and I think it will make for a better riding bike...both street and off-road.
Is this bike in Qwerty's possession? By the lack of pictures I must assume it is!;)

Tom

·
Registered
156 Posts
Be aware that adding length to swingarm will change the front fork geometry(not for the better!). I ended up having to add YZ80 upper fork tubes to correct the extreme twitchiness.
If adding an ATV and lengthening front forks also increases seat height.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick, you don't need it, period.
Bob I was mainly curious on how the extended swing arm changed the performance of the TW. One thing I have learned over the years is "adding after market parts opens up a can of worms". I'm just seeing how many worms you guys are dealing with. ;). I still love the look of a TW with the ESA Eye Candy for me :D

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Tom....you are a bad man for bringing that other name into this equation. Bad...bad...man. :p

And Admiral, since you just HAD to laugh at Tom's statement, I want to apologize NOW for any overspray that just happens to fall in your direction,
when Lori and I are having the Super Soaker Battle Royale. :p

(please make sure Georgie girl is in a safe place) :eek:

Somebody hacked my account! I would never.................... Oh screw it.

Tom:hello:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts