TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rode the Tdub to work to day, and of course the sun came out full force just to make it worse that I was working! By lunch I was high centered due to a lack of a Suzuki IAC valve, and that was all the excuse I needed. Signed out and climbed on the bike before anyone else needed their boat fixed (on my day off) and it was time to ride. Now Denice was still working so I had an hour to kill before she was off, seemed only right to take the LONG way home and this is what I saw...

IMG_1722.JPG IMG_1721.JPG

Think I will be taking the long way home alittle more often :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes Elvesus, that is Nimpkish Lake looking at it from the trail over to twin peaks. Not really " on my way home", but it was a nice cruise out Cabin Main then up and over the old trail to Twin Peaks road and a loop back home.
Today was the first nice day right from the sunrise to sunset. Hate seeing the sunrise while sitting at our kitchen table having my morning coffee....kind of makes you not want to go to work after that. I think Denice should hang up some thick ugly curtains to block my view. Here is a shot of the view from my chair this morning.
View attachment IMG_0683.JPG
Yeah I know, pretty nasty view but its what we have to live with.

I was looking forward to taking Denice for a bike ride tomorrow but a call just came in and I have to work again.... on my weekend off! Coast Guard boat just had an engine go down so its off to Port Hardy first thing, but I will probably have to sit here and suffer through another one of those sunrises... what's a guy to do?

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Yes Elvesus, that is Nimpkish Lake looking at it from the trail over to twin peaks. Not really " on my way home", but it was a nice cruise out Cabin Main then up and over the old trail to Twin Peaks road and a loop back home.
Today was the first nice day right from the sunrise to sunset. Hate seeing the sunrise while sitting at our kitchen table having my morning coffee....kind of makes you not want to go to work after that. I think Denice should hang up some thick ugly curtains to block my view. Here is a shot of the view from my chair this morning.
View attachment 103938
Yeah I know, pretty nasty view but its what we have to live with.

I was looking forward to taking Denice for a bike ride tomorrow but a call just came in and I have to work again.... on my weekend off! Coast Guard boat just had an engine go down so its off to Port Hardy first thing, but I will probably have to sit here and suffer through another one of those sunrises... what's a guy to do?
No way home from work should be a direct route if riding the TW (or any motorcycle). Direct routes home are for cars and pickup trucks and such when one has chores to do...that need doing before you get it trouble for not doing them on TW rides home.

Awesome

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm glad that it was awesome scenery. When I clicked this thread open I was worried that the long way home was gonna be on foot. Looks like a great ride

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gorgeous sunrise! Haddington Island never looked so nice :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
The long way home is always the best way home...

Great pic's WP, thanks for sharing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts