TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brother Randy on his 2017 CRF250Rally, bicycle buddies Gary and Mike both on 2017 CRF250L Hondas and I am still on my 2000 TW200. Can a TW with 59,700 miles on it climb Pike's Peak? Yes. Can it follow the Divide Ride from Colorado Springs to Pie Town New Mexico without the engine letting go and passing 60,000 miles? Yes. Can it make it to Moab, Utah with now over 61,000 on it? Yes, but have used a quart of oil in the past 1,300 miles. Does an air horn work at 14,000+ feet (4,267 meters)? No. More later. Spending a few days in Moab. Then heading towards the interior of Colorado.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Brother Randy on his 2017 CRF250Rally, bicycle buddies Gary and Mike both on 2017 CRF250L Hondas and I am still on my 2000 TW200. Can a TW with 59,700 miles on it climb Pike's Peak? Yes. Can it follow the Divide Ride from Colorado Springs to Pie Town New Mexico without the engine letting go and passing 60,000 miles? Yes. Can it make it to Moab, Utah with now over 61,000 on it? Yes, but have used a quart of oil in the past 1,300 miles. Does an air horn work at 14,000+ feet (4,267 meters)? No. More later. Spending a few days in Moab. Then heading towards the interior of Colorado.
That's a lot of miles. It seems like you can ride really well. I am around 43,000 miles. My major repair was a valve job. The bore was perfect so I put the original piston and rings back in around 40,000 miles. It is still running great. I think you get the most miles on a TW award. Cornelis is closing in fast with lots of miles yearly.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Where are you staying? If you need to change oil or do a little work on the bike let me know, you can use my garage.
P.S. make sure to drink plenty of water while you're here, most people don't drink enough. Have a good trip.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Bad luck... sure would have liked to have met up with you. We were at the Bowen Motel. Left early Sunday and rode the back way to Gateway CO. Rain left the road muddy and slick. We're at Ridgway CO up in the mountains at a stealth campsite now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad. But I don't check the forum everyday and didn't know you were here.
We didn't get any more than a brief sprinkle of rain here.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Them darn air horns! Lol.. inspiring post! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I wish i was!! 550 between Ouray and Silverton is one of the best paved roads there is in my opinion. First timr i was out there i ran stock jetting and 14/47 sprockets and just barely made it iver imogene pass at a little over 13,000' She was coughin and spitting.. Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Smalls...may be up to New Castle, IN in the near future. I'll let you know... August maybe. Two of the guys riding with us are from Rushville and New Castle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts