TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a little underwhelmed with the bike after spending a lot of time on the new 1200gs water cooled. Its a great bike but I don't want to nor does it make sense to spend that kind of money. I work at a dealer and rode the f800gs several times but never really liked it. Today I rode it and really started to appreciate it. It rides really well, fun when riding hard and easy and has good power in the 5-8k range. I like the heated grips and ABS that come on it too.

I had a VSTROM 650 and a ninja 500 but sold both. I love the TW but do need a bigger bike too. . I never really liked the vstrom looks or the windscreen (unless it was barn door style.) I tried several options and never liked the outcome. It did have a great motor though.

Anyway I am now deciding on what options and if I want to wait for 2014's and order it up. They are right around the corner.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
If you have a good local dealer then go for it. There is also a large aftermarket for them so scratching the farkle bug bites will take some time and money.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a F800GS, nice bike...it's loaded up with options. I don't have a way to post a picture here or I would for YA. OM

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a good local dealer then go for it. There is also a large aftermarket for them so scratching the farkle bug bites will take some time and money.

The good news is that I manage the dealer
Still I am just another fickle consumer when choosing a bike. I have been riding one all week and it is pretty easy to live with. I do dig the smooth ride and it is very competent on the road. I think I will get the electronic rear shock which is nice is comfort mode.

You get what you pay for and the uber $ 1200gs is still better...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts