TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! My heat shield is MIA - just wondering if anyone has one to part with. Thanks.

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
Which one, front or rear?
Unfortunately I doubt those shields are available surplus separate from the exhaust pipe. They take somewhat of an uncommon fastener so all might need to be ordered new.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops forgot about that little one! It was the front shield lost itself - I'm going to figure out something universal eventually.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have seen one on ebay...but not lately.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Tell me if this is the one you need Dave and be certain. 6 3/4" between the center of each screw. I can't be certain if this is off one of my many TW rebuilds or from the BW350. I have replaced the header pipes on a few of the bikes I rebuilt and just don't remember which one this came off. My best guess is BW350 but who knows, they could be the same.

IMG_1920.JPG

GaryL

Mystery solved,Sorry. I still had the old header pipe this fits and it is for a BW350. It also appears to be different from the TW one. I was on Ebay and there is a complete header pipe with the shield for $45 and free shipping but it looks pretty scrody.

GaryL

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think you can buy just the shield for about $24 new.

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks anyway, Gary! Scooterbrained - I feel somewhat silly for not checking the OEM price... Adding it to my list of parts for the next order. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Thanks anyway, Gary! Scooterbrained - I feel somewhat silly for not checking the OEM price... Adding it to my list of parts for the next order. Thanks!
YUP! SB did the leg work but be sure to order the screws and washers with it if they are not included.

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts