TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the Banshee rear shock which raised the bike a few inches at the rear and may be doing the XT/TTR front fork swap. Stock stand is a little low now. Would like to splice two stands together for a couple of inches longer or if anybody knows a suitable unit off another bike....

·
Registered
20,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
We've shortened a couple for Mrs Trip's lowered bikes. It would be easy to cut one and slip a piece of solid rod in the tube to lengthen it. Just might look a little anorexic.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I would do is cut the part I would use for the bottom at the spring peg and cut the top portion at the bottom near the pad and run the rod down through the center of both, butting the ends and weld it up. Maybe a couple of plug weld holes near the ends of the rod. That way it would be the same diameter.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
didn't someone say that the xt/ttr225 kickstand is a bolt on extra 1 1/2"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
TTR125 the pin needed relocating and foot angle changed 2016-08-16 12.41.48.jpg 2016-08-16 12.41.48.jpg

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks DKV. I have one off an XT225 out in barn. It's bent though. Looking at your pic I need more than the 1 & 1/2 inch. I'm using a 2 & 4 and with another 3/4" from 1 X out in the garaage now. If I get those XT front forks on I'm thinking I'll need at least a full three inches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an 1 1/2" of sag and after I changed the angle on top to match the original and not hang out when up it's almost too much for mine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts