TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a FFL on my end....Anybody have one they want to sell?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My Remington 700 in 22-250 is not for sale but they are a really great varmint rifle, and actually took a nice 3 point buck with mine.
Good luck in finding one.
Mel

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Remington 700 in 22-250 is not for sale but they are a really great varmint rifle, and actually took a nice 3 point buck with mine.
Good luck in finding one.
Mel
Can buy new...thought someone might need some Chrismas or add on $$$$....

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Accuracy is extremely important with 22-250 rifles. Three of my friends have bought Remington rifles in the past two years. I'm not sure what Remington is doing but there rifles are now extremely accurate. Years ago it was luck of the draw to get an out of the box tack driver.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I have a nice Remington 700 BDL in .223 and pretty rare caliber I think they only offered a couple years. Hard to say it is a tack driver because I only ever fired it 5 shots to sight in the Leupold scope. My brother has the 22.250 and a .222 but not for sale.

GL with you search.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
taiking about guns..... any info on a 284 Winchester ,lever action, think its any american gun...
Yup Either a Winchester Model 88 or a Browning Model 81. Very rare caliber and expensive to buy ammo for but also quite valuable. I have had a few 88s in both 284 and 358 and both kick like a mule. I highly prefer the 308 in the model 88 and 100 rifles.

GaryL

·
Registered
20,149 Posts
Once again Travis makes a nice offer for anyone wishing to sell. This time however I don’t think anyone wants to part with their smoking hot .22-250s.

So Travis, do you re-load or does the Irrigation District buy your cartridges? 22-250-hornady-book-page.jpg

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once again Travis makes a nice offer for anyone wishing to sell. This time however I don’t think anyone wants to part with their smoking hot .22-250s.

So Travis, do you re-load or does the Irrigation District buy your cartridges? View attachment 132329
I load...only way to go...they buy my .223...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Get a .220 Swift.

As for me, I like surplus military ammo -- any caliber -- its cheap, or should I say "cheaper".
Similar calibers do in fact have similar ballistics. Being that Flathat is a reloader and has his equipment set up for the 22.250 the switch back and forth is a PITA. Once a re loader dials in a particular load he likes for a particular caliber in a particular gun that is the load he wants to stick with. Funny how just a few grains of powder can make such a drastic difference in the bullet flight and accuracy. Even worse is when he does find a new rifle in the 22.250 caliber nothing says the load he uses in his current 22.250 will perform as well in his new gun. I went through this with both of my .308 rifles and also with various hand gun loads. When I was active in PPC competition shooting I had one load that required exacting specs using the same powder, same bullets and the same charge for the best accuracy. It is kind of like why some TWs run great with the air mix screw turned out 2 turns while others need it out 2.5.

GaryL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts