TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special, but I went for a ride Monday. After looking a elime's video of the pretty Eucalyptus trees on old portions of Hwy 1, I thought I might give it a try in my neck of the woods. Woods right! Intended to ride around Owyhee Lake near Andrian, Oregon on the east side of the state in search of the ellusive Eucalyptus tree. Only made it from the northern end to the southern end before I ran out of time and had to retrace my route back. Needed to find a fording point to cross the Owyhee River, but as mentioned, time was not on my side.

Northern end...no Eucalyptus trees in sight, ugh!

Found some trees about half way down, but they ain't Eucalyptus are they!

Nope, no Eucalyptus trees here either!

Sage brush and lizards, but no Eucalyptus trees

Found some Cotton Wood trees down by the river (Owyhee), but no Eucalyptus trees

Drove around here for a bit looking for a ford point to cross the river. No luck and outta time so turned around and
headed home.

I did have an ulterior historical motive for this ride, but since I didn't make it on my first attempt, you'll have to
wait for my return trip to the area...soon

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Becareful admiral! Once you find your first Eucalyptus tree you can't stop finding them. It is a curse!

Seriously, that looks like some pretty nice country to ride. I would love to have a place like that to ride.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hey, one excuse to get out and ride is as good as another, right? No eucalyptus trees, but that's some nice scenery nonetheless! I would've liked to have seen you fording the river; looks nice and green and probably cool down there. Maybe next time. I didn't see the Oregon Air Force checking you out, you must've been pretty sneaky this time. Thanks for sharing your ride with us.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see the Oregon Air Force checking you out, you must've been pretty sneaky this time.
That is funny, but yes they were. I wasn't that sneaky. I wasn't gonna post any video of this ride, but now I will. It shows the OAF tracking me. Will post some OAF and ride video tonight.:D

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice Leopard Lizard. Your photos look just like Northern, NV.

Bart
Nice to know what kind it is. At first glance I thought it was a snake. Then I saw it's legs. Liz was nice enough to stay put so I could get my camera out and take a picture.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
You make great videos, but where is Georgie?

Seriously, do you use stabilizing software? If yes what kind? I am in desperate need of something.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You make great videos, but where is Georgie?

Seriously, do you use stabilizing software? If yes what kind? I am in desperate need of something.
I rode from home on the highways to get to the dirt, so no Georgie. But man-o-man, she was a pout'in when I left. Won't take her out where I ride above 15-20 mph or so. Plus, I needed to carry extra gas, even with my larger gas tank.

I use a Contour camera and don't stabilize. Only post processing I do is cut to shorten the clips, add words and music.

You have the goggle camera right? I don't see anything wrong with your camera or video's. Looks plenty stable to me, keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure enough! Man they've stepped up to jets, probably using that new fangled SLIR (Side Looking Infrared imaging). :D
I knew OAF was on to me fairly early. I could see one of there spotter plans disguised as a crop duster keeping tabs on me off in the distance. Just to far away to capture with the camera. I was surprised they upgraded to jets too. Must be the remoteness of the area I was riding.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts