TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a larger set of foot pegs, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought the $25 pegs on ebay. It said they fit the pw50,pw80,tw200. They went right on all I had to do was cut the spring off a little with side cutter pliers.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Broke my set of ebay pegs so I bought some IMS pegs. Looking back, I should have spent the money in the first place on the IMS pegs. Bought a set on sale for another bike for around $50. Took a grinder to them and they work great now. Ended up costing me the same amount as it would have cost to buy the TW specific IMS pegs in the first place. Lesson learned. I won't buy cheap chinese stuff anymore. The choice is yours so do as you see fit.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Buy once, cry once. I have the ebay pegs on my bike and they have held up so far. My buddy had one of his brake in a low speed crash. If i do a trip i keep the stock pegs in my bag just in case. If you have the money i would get the IMS or similiar. Im not doggin the chicom pegs but they arent as good as the others but they are 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
OOPS.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The biggest part is make sure you get the steel versus aluminum. I didn't realize I had purchased the aluminum and both broke off within the first 45 min of an all day ride. Riding nubs is not fun to say the least.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
The biggest part is make sure you get the steel versus aluminum. I didn't realize I had purchased the aluminum and both broke off within the first 45 min of an all day ride. Riding nubs is not fun to say the least.

^^^i agree...

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Motors-/6000/i.html?_nkw=tw200+pegs&_trksid=p2047621.m570.l1313&_rdc=1

i got cheap steel ebay pegs and reused the stock springs...some of those ebay sets come with a weird spring setup that i wasn't fond of...haven't rock tested them yet though...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Joe those look like some nice pegs. Im interested for sure. Those would be nice for the moab trip. I may have some pegs for sale here soon!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Procycle had some $29 weld ons.

Procycle

I bet some 450YZ will fit if not you could grind them to fit.

The best I ever owned where Fastway but they are kinda pricey. They are like floor boards

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bummer, I ordered a set of the aluminum ones for my wifes bike. I guess I'll have to stress test them before I have her use them.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts