TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Looking for gravel / dirt roads

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
Gravelmaps.com

I found this a year ago, and didn't do much with it. The location is goofy, but just scroll to your area. Found over 30 miles of gravel to wind around only a few miles from me. A few routes are non motorized, but it's easy to tell those areas from ones with route numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Have you been there lately? Says the site is for sale for $1800.00.

Reactions: jtomelliott49
#6 · (Edited)
Same here Rocky. But then again we don't have much of that thar fancy graveled roads, mostly just unimproved dirt. Is this gravel? If so we got lots of it :rolleyes:

To be fair GravelMaps is a good idea that just hasn't had enough routes submitted to be of great use to some of us. Maybe those knowing of good routes fear revealing them will cause them to be loved to death. Sort of like having a website "Show Us Your Favorite Fishing Spot".

#8 ·
Fred, it appears that Nevada may have a more robust 'gravel grinding' budget than California. I understand our new President will put in place a program to have our rock ground down to a more reasonable size (:eek:). Good thing you have a bike equipped with a Gizmotronic 'Super Smooth' suspension........ ;)
Hey! I know that guy sitting on the TW!

#9 ·
Gerry, you and Tony have to grind that stuff a bit finer before I'm willing to come play with you guys.

The Gizmotronic suspension should be a factory option from Yamaha...so,so plush and dialed for my riding style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.