TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask for some help from the community. I may purchase a street legal 2012 wr 450 f from a private seller. It also has a set of supermoto wheels and tires that I'll try and mount some proper off road tires. ( but I digress ) Anyway, I was hoping that someone might be able to look it over for me? I private messaged Qwerty, and am requesting his assistance, as I think he might be close. I welcome others' assessment (s) as well.

If I am to buy a motorcycle sight unseen, then it sure helps to have others check it out for me.
Thanks in advance for any assistance that you provide.

What a great forum. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Dave did you check the members map for who is in Arkansas? Might help you find someone. Qwerty at one point said he doesn't read PM's.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I remembered that too, and that's why I also put his name in the thread.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Dave, I just looked at the member map. It looks like slim pickins for members there.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
No harm at all bro, hopefully someone will chime in and come to your rescue. There are so many great members here that if anyone can help, I'm sure they will.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Alright Dan!! +1

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Looks to be a 500 mile round trip for me, don't know if I can escape long enough for that. When do you need it checked out?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I just came to tell you r80rt is in the hills of Arkansas but not sure how close. He beat me. Qwerty is all over that area as a trucker and I think he might know a little bit about motorcycles too. If you decide to make that road trip from here in NY maybe we could do it together and go meet a couple of the guys.

GaryL

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm trying to get someone in person to check it out before I commit. The sooner, the better or it my be sold. The bike and parts look mint from here. Only 30 hours on it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just came to tell you r80rt is in the hills of Arkansas but not sure how close. He beat me. Qwerty is all over that area as a trucker and I think he might know a little bit about motorcycles too. If you decide to make that road trip from here in NY maybe we could do it together and go meet a couple of the guys.

GaryL
If I drive to get it, that sounds great. I'll be checking freight charges, though. It looks like around $300 in gas round trip to pick it up on the trailer being towed behind the Prius. Similar I think to towing my VFR earlier this year on a 2600 mile round trip.

I have to decide first, though. I think that bike could be relatively easily made to be like a Tdub on steroids. We'll see. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Those member maps are only as good as the members who take the time to get their names and locations on them. Heck, we have a hard enought time just getting most members to fill in some profile info. I have to admit, if a new member is seeking help with his bike but is not willing to give his general location in his profile, I usually figure he/she is a one hit wonder and really not too interested in being a community member.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Those member maps are only as good as the members who take the time to get their names and locations on them. Heck, we have a hard enought time just getting most members to fill in some profile info. I have to admit, if a new member is seeking help with his bike but is not willing to give his general location in his profile, I usually figure he/she is a one hit wonder and really not too interested in being a community member.

GaryL

Very true.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not on the map because I could not do it on an IPad. Technologically challenged. ( among other things )

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I think I am on it but can't remember if I did it here or at other forums. Yes, doing from one of these useless I pads would be tricky. Also very possible the I pad is not the problem and the idiot behind it is:(

I resemble that remark!

GaryL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts