TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a TW as I wanted something newer than my Honda Trail, I'm looking for others that do camp and rides for a week or longer at a time. I have a truck camper and like traveling and riding anywhere that's out there. Anybody meet that description here? Always up for a trip, let me know where and when and maybe I'll join you if that's ok. Been riding and camping for many years I'm a old fart though that goes to bed early and get's before the sun. I know the West pretty good so I got plenty of good spots. Like Southern Utah a lot. Names Craig, feel free to PM me with ideas or post it up and maybe I'll see it.

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Sounds like you are a candidate for the annual Moab TW gathering. There will likely be another next spring and one could be organized for this fall if someone promotes the idea enough. Or just propose a good known spot and date here to see what happens. Something like late fall at Alabama Hills, or Toroweep overlooking Lava Falls might shake some of us out of the trees.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Come Fall and masses go way and it cools some. Eastern Sierrias desert will be calling to me. I am not alone in such desires. Joshua Trees near some great destinations too. Lately been dreaming on parking the RV near some hot springs. Ride all day, soak at night.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My goal is to position myself to get out of frostbite falls for at least 4 months a year. Ideally it will be in a small motorhome, I might have to look into the truck camper thing. I'm stuck here this winter but next winter I will have to look you up as I will for sure be boon docking around So Cal, AZ, and maybe even southern Utah I love the St George area. Mike

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Early Oct in the eastern Seirras works for me, even last week of Sept. Should be somewhat empty of kids, the leaf people will be coming. Aspens, YES!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've seen a few pictures of your camper over on the CT forum. How long can you comfortably live in it? Is it fully self contained? Have you made any mods, like solar panels? I have a year or so to get my poop together so I will be doing lots of research. I used to love going up to Convict lake and spending a few days fishing with my Dad. Mike

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Our camping rig. There are a number of members on here with nice truck camper set-ups. SkiPro especially comes to mind.

The Mrs and I have done a few month+ trips in it. Inside the trailer:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm good for a couple of weeks in the TC. Skipro use to be over on the CT forum, he does have a nice rig, never met him but have read his post, also over on RV.net Bluff Spring 2016 2016-04-18 010 (640x480).jpg

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
"I'm good for a couple of weeks in the TC." -I just love trying to figure out folk's undefined acronyms. Let me guess...TC stands for Tuna Can, right?:p

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Tuna,
I must remind you of our Russ Austin Memorial Ride Oct 7,8,9, at the Santa Margarita KOA. Please join us if you can,
Mel

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Do I need to reserve a sight if I can make this ride?

Mel, sent you a PM
Just talked with KOA and was told you all have a bunch of sites and I wouldn't need to reserve. Sounding good.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Just returned from Az a couple weeks ago with this trailer. Was given to me by my uncle that passed. Thing is I can't dry camp with it as the fridge has to have 110, doesn't opperate on gas, bummer. will be selling it and my other one and thinking of picking up a toy hauler. That place Paul had his made interests me. Priced out the 36ft tow behind and it seems very reasonable compared to what I have seen. Best part is you get to build it the way you want it as they are custom. Having enough room to do the paperwork in some of these bathrooms is just too cramped for me.

Thought I had a pic. It is a 35ft fifth wheel with two slideouts.

Hope to be in Az just after December. Am hoping some other TW folks will join in Quartsite for some desert riding. Come and go as you please as I hope to be there till Moab fires up.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My biggest trouble right now is I have no driver for my RV or Landcruiser. My wife refuses to retire so any distance camping requires solo travel via my BMW. Odd but I can ride two wheels fine but have ADD sorta and cars are out for now. I reckon the Russfest put on by Mel be good for a rally n plan. I dream of hot springs after a day of putting around getting dirty. According to my handler, I have to ride my TW as designed, slow and safe or face selling the lot.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Just returned from Az a couple weeks ago with this trailer. Was given to me by my uncle that passed. Thing is I can't dry camp with it as the fridge has to have 110, doesn't opperate on gas, bummer. will be selling it and my other one and thinking of picking up a toy hauler. That place Paul had his made interests me. Priced out the 36ft tow behind and it seems very reasonable compared to what I have seen. Best part is you get to build it the way you want it as they are custom. Having enough room to do the paperwork in some of these bathrooms is just too cramped for me.

Thought I had a pic. It is a 35ft fifth wheel with two slideouts.

Hope to be in Az just after December. Am hoping some other TW folks will join in Quartsite for some desert riding. Come and go as you please as I hope to be there till Moab fires up.
https://dunesport.com/ mine will be done in 10 weeks dune sports Is out to 16 weeks wait.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just joined the forum a few minutes ago. The reason is that I watched a video on YouTube of a member riding the Willow springs trail in Arches n.p.
And he explained how there is a get together in Moab, once in a while.
I bought my tw back in 87 when they first came out. And I still have it.
We have lived in Moab for over 20 years now. So I would like to join in on some riding when I can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts