TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes ill take a shot at it. I have 2 friend searching cl for tw and can't find any luck. We're in Philly but will take a trip to pick up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea they are to new. Looking for used one's. It took me 5 yrs to find a nice pre owned with title. They just never pop up. Thanks though

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oh, well good luck! The second one is used but still $2999 - I imagine you're looking more for a $1500 one. Good hunting.

·
Registered
487 Posts
When they do come up, you have to move fast. The reasonably priced ones go fast. ( even in the dead of winter ) Being part of this community has given me the confidence to buy and resurrect machines that I would not have given a second thought about before I joined. ( and learned )

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They really do go fast. It took me 5 years any many missed chances bros I finally found a good used one. At this point I might even consider shipping if one pops up else where. I'm not very mechanical when it comes to bikes but I plan on practicing on the tw.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I just snatched one a couple weeks ago from right under your nose down in Red Lion PA. It was listed as a 1994 but it is a 1988 model. Like Bucknutz said, we are pals for many years and love working on these nice bikes and learning from this forum. I am not sure what I will do with this '88 once I get it running. It is a great candidate for a total make over as long as the engine is as the seller stated. Wish this below zero crap would get over itself so I can get out in the garage and fiddle with it to hear the engine run.

Good luck with your search and be ready to roll and pull the trigger with cash in hand when you see them pop up on CL. There is a 1995 just up the road from me but the guy wants stupid $$ for it and it needs a lot of work to get it right. He started at $2300 and went down to $1500 but I would be a buyer at around $600. It needs tires, chain, sprockets, handle bars, seat pad and a bunch of other stuff and would only be worth around $1500 when it is done.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just got one an 87 out of chester springs,pa about 2 weeks ago..was asking 1200 got it for 900 needing tires and a slight base gasket oil leak...he said all he had was tire kickers..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I talked to him. He was trying to trade it with another bike right? That's funny I emailed him back to make a deal and it was gone. We did make a deal in the one in milton that's on cl so now we just need one more. How's the riding in cape May?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I think I talked to him. He was trying to trade it with another bike right? That's funny I emailed him back to make a deal and it was gone. We did make a deal in the one in milton that's on cl so now we just need one more. How's the riding in cape May?
I tried buying that one in Milton and the AH never called me back after leaving five messages. That bike was on CL a long time considering the miles and price but his statement on getting a NJ title probably scared a lot of buyers off. Hope that works out for you.

GaryL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's funny. I left him a bunch of messages too. Then when I spoke to him he was just busy during the holidays. Pretty interesting guy. He's selling off his collection of 400 bikes. Where do you ride at? Any off road stuff by you?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
That's funny. I left him a bunch of messages too. Then when I spoke to him he was just busy during the holidays. Pretty interesting guy. He's selling off his collection of 400 bikes. Where do you ride at? Any off road stuff by you?
We find some trails here and there but in this communist state we are always traveling on hollowed ground. Back roads and seasonal use roads are where we have the most legal fun on our TWs. Me, Bucknutz and Gregor ride together.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
What happened Schmitty? I see the Milton one just got re posted! Is there something we need to know?

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I can't get him back on the phone. People are strange
Figures! this is a strange one because I was trying for weeks with this guy and he never did call me back. Fair warning! You may want to be very careful when dealing with this guy if you do get him back. This has been on for a long time now and at that price with just 300 miles it should have been gone in a flash. Keep me posted.

GaryL

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yamaha 2007 TW200

An 07 for $2500 at a dealership in State College, PA. If I had a way to get it here I'd go after it.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Yamaha 2007 TW200

An 07 for $2500 at a dealership in State College, PA. If I had a way to get it here I'd go after it.
OK, so this begs another question and you need to think about it before answering. How much should a 1997 TW, ten years older with say around only 800 miles be worth? This one has over 5,000 and appears to be in clean condition. A well kept, lightly used and never abused 1997 that is just as clean, garage kept with less than 1/5 of those miles should be worth $$$$ ???????

I am just trying to determine if the year model or over all condition and mileage has much of anything to do with TW prices. I do know from my own personal perspective I will go after the 1997 with 800 miles much more enthusiastically just because. And Yes, I will allow for needing new rubber front and rear.

GaryL

·
Registered
445 Posts
OK, so this begs another question and you need to think about it before answering. How much should a 1997 TW, ten years older with say around only 800 miles be worth? This one has over 5,000 and appears to be in clean condition. A well kept, lightly used and never abused 1997 that is just as clean, garage kept with less than 1/5 of those miles should be worth $$$$ ???????

I am just trying to determine if the year model or over all condition and mileage has much of anything to do with TW prices. I do know from my own personal perspective I will go after the 1997 with 800 miles much more enthusiastically just because. And Yes, I will allow for needing new rubber front and rear.

GaryL
Ha ha, you might as well ask what oil to use. I think pricing is the second most contested topic here. Look at most vehicle value sites and they have the caveat that they do not have enough data to know for sure what a TW is worth.

My $0.02 on it is front disk is a plus, late model carb is a plus, but a nice 'virgin' low mile bike is a big big plus for me. I traveled from GA to VA for my 05 (my poor baby) because she had 412 miles on her and the '05 paint scheme is one of the only I like. Plus I was jonesing bad for a TW and had cash. :)

Unfortunately I can tell you from the total loss paperwork I got today that according to the GA State Insurance Commision a TW losses $150 per year and +294 mi = -$16, +1,136 mi = -$34 to cost according to them. I don't feel like calculating out the per mile so the raw data is there if anyone else wants too.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Ha ha, you might as well ask what oil to use. I think pricing is the second most contested topic here. Look at most vehicle value sites and they have the caveat that they do not have enough data to know for sure what a TW is worth.

My $0.02 on it is front disk is a plus, late model carb is a plus, but a nice 'virgin' low mile bike is a big big plus for me. I traveled from GA to VA for my 05 (my poor baby) because she had 412 miles on her and the '05 paint scheme is one of the only I like. Plus I was jonesing bad for a TW and had cash. :)

Unfortunately I can tell you from the total loss paperwork I got today that according to the GA State Insurance Commision a TW losses $150 per year and +294 mi = -$16, +1,136 mi = -$34 to cost according to them. I don't feel like calculating out the per mile so the raw data is there if anyone else wants too.
WOW MaddawgJ, what elected office are you running for!:D

It was a simple question and no need for all the Maph! What an insurance company will total it at and what a guy will pay for a real nice TW is two completely different numbers. The front disc brake is easily negated by the back up kick start and I have never heard of any substantial positive difference between old Vs new carbs. Back to the question. I am at a dealer who has a 1997 in near show room condition with 800 miles sitting along side a 2007 in very similar condition but with 5,000 miles. Both are priced at $2400. Which one would be the best deal?

GaryL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts