TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am currently in the market for a TW200 ..I just sold a Yamaha TTR125E ..and would like to get a TW200 so that I can go on some enduro rides with other friends.

there are 2 bikes in my area..a "92" with about 6300 miles on it for $1300 and then a 2002 with about 600 miles on it for $2500...

I have looked at the NADA book values for these bikes and the book values are way lower than what these people want for these bikes.

Is the value of these bikes (older and not so old ) such that it warrants the above prices for them , or is the expectations of the owners a little on the wishful thinking side.

IN looking around it seems to me that most of the prices are a bit higher than your NADA book value for these bikes.

I just would like to know if that is what I am to expect in prices, when looking around.

any opinions and thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

Kizzie

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'd say you'll find the prices run a bit higher than book and my guess is that it's because TW's are easy to sell and there's a good demand for them. Since I've become the "pollster", look for a post I'm about to write asking forum users what they paid for their bikes. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
From my experience with 18 bikes "book value" is rarely any indicator of a fair selling price... when it comes to bikes.

I sold one for $5000 sight unseen that was "valued" at something like $400, and all the others have been way off but that was the most extreme. With bikes it is more of a supply/demand driven pricing. Check online at ebay and other classified sites and see what they are actually selling for.

Eric

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where are you located? i have one in almost showroom condition i'd let go for a steal! i am in TN, close to knoxville.

I am in Western NY , I think a bit far from Tenn. but out of curiosity what year is your bike ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kizzie, do you still have your TW? What's your asking price?

Sorry if you misunderstood. I was not selling a bike , but was looking at some to possibly purchase.

I did however find a 2006 for a good price..so I am now a TW owner. Was out this afternoon checking out some back roads and dirt roads. much fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts