TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've taken the tw on two moderate off road excursions thus far and I must say the stock tires suck for any sort of mud riding or creek crossing. Has anybody found an aggressive tire for the dirt while still having some sort of street ability. I was thinking of getting a second set of rims for the winter to run the atv rear tire for the snow (I don't plan on letting her sit idly put away in the winter).

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well, I've taken the tw on two moderate off road excursions thus far and I must say the stock tires suck for any sort of mud riding or creek crossing. Has anybody found an aggressive tire for the dirt while still having some sort of street ability. I was thinking of getting a second set of rims for the winter to run the atv rear tire for the snow (I don't plan on letting her sit idly put away in the winter).
Here we go again!

As far as I know, the only legal rear tire with knobs is the TW34. Spin it up a bit to sling the mud out and it does just fine. There are about eleventy billion threads on front tires. Use the search function on this site. Most anything with knobs is better than the stock tire. You're on the right track with the idea of a spare set of wheels. That's what I do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here we go again!As far as I know, the only legal rear tire with knobs is the TW34. Spin it up a bit to sling the mud out and it does just fine. There are about eleventy billion threads on front tires. Use the search function on this site. Most anything with knobs is better than the stock tire. You're on the right track with the idea of a spare set of wheels. That's what I do.

I've warmed up to the idea of having two different wheel/sprocket/chain sets ready to roll is the best option. The trick is where the fark am I going to find a front and rear wheel assembly? Some years didn't have a front disc brake so what year wheels will fit a 2008?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've warmed up to the idea of having two different wheel/sprocket/chain sets ready to roll is the best option. The trick is where the fark am I going to find a front and rear wheel assembly? Some years didn't have a front disc brake so what year wheels will fit a 2008?

Anything from 2001 to 2011 will interchange with your 2008.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I watched eBay for quite a while before finding good wheels that match. Some are black, some are silver, some are disc, some are drum. I believe all the disc wheels inerchange. I don't know about all the front drums or rears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts