1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
This year is out but it looks interesting. I'll consider this in August 2017 if you can promise me there will be no bears or mosquitos!:D

After looking at Washington Larry's Blog, Leisuretime Larry, my son and I are thinking about the possibility of the Desert 100 in Odessa, WA, so we might start getting into a few of these type of rides. Desert 100 has a nice dual-sport poker run and I think Mrs. Admiral, son #3, and myself can do this.

For sure post up when you've completed the Loose Screw ride this August.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, there will most likely be bears, but it may be too warm for mosquitos and as long as you are riding neither should bother you.
I will check the Desert 100.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
My nephew has done the desert 100 a few times, it's not for the faint of heart. Personally I would not let my wife ride this event. To many racer types. There are way more family friendly rides to do. The dirtyface is one of them.

Tracy

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grewen, if this is anything like the nubee rides, the fast guys head out first, allowing the slower rider to enjoy the trail.
You should consider joining us, my TW is slow.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate crowds too and plan my activities to avoid them. When we camp, we like to head into the back country away from the crowds. This event is not going to be anything like the desert 100 race which I will pass after reading Larry's blog on the camping area.

Last summer, we went to the UK. Loved Scotland and rural England not a lot of people. Hated London, too many people and you had to line up for every thing. I felt like a cow being herded to slaughter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts