TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Another GEM from Phelonius. I need to lose weight, but I love ice cream, cookies, M & M's, Beer, summer sausage, chips, BBQ, cheese,,,, did I mention beer?

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Google "BMI" or "Body Mass Index" and see what you are supposed to weigh.

I am 5' 10" and my normal weight range is 130 to 174 pounds. At 205 I was transitioning from "overweight" to "obese".

I now weigh 150 pounds, 2 pounds to the lite side of the exact middle.

A downside to losing weight is a lot of loose, flabby skin. However, my heart likes it and my TW is faster than ever.

People have told me to stop loosing weight. They say I am starting to look not so good. Oh well..........

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you can die young and have a good looking corpse, or be ugly and live forever. That extra skin will eventually shrink back to almost where it should be.
Just get used to flapping in the wind until it does. I lost over 60 pounds last year and began to slowly gain back about fifteen of it where I have stabilized for about 6 months now.
I no longer eat more than a few pounds of beef a year. Mostly I main course dead fish or chicken, or pork. Veggies are mostly boiled as are my eggs. Soft boiled that is.
Sometimes for a major meal I do an omelette. For fruits I stay local like papaya, pineapple, banana, strawberries, and various farm raised exotic fruits like dragon fruit , star fruit, pomelos
and stuff at the local farmers market under the banyan trees.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Have always been close to a 'bag of bones' Seems many other variables come into play. Never smoked and rode my bicycle across the United States back in 1973. Now I get to deal with Emphysema, go figure. Certainly, the best plan is to move forward with some thought towards 'tomorrow' but don't hold your breath as there are no guarantees.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I've lost 28 lbs in the last 12 weeks limiting my intake of carbs to 20 per day. Now 186. Wow just checked my BMI I'm still obese (30) if I grow one more inch I'll just be overweight. :p. I guess I'll keep my fat ass on the diet.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Since Dan and Sue and Plumb visited me, I fell off the wagon a bit. I think I've gained 10 lbs back...

:D

*You're doing great Rick. Keep up the good work. :)

I've lost 28 lbs in the last 12 weeks limiting my intake of carbs to 20 per day. Now 186. Wow just checked my BMI I'm still obese (30) if I grow one more inch I'll just be overweight. :p. I guess I'll keep my fat ass on the diet.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I lost near hundred pounds in just a few months with the "opium diet". Not really a good way to go IMHO but quite effortless except I had to put up with
brain cancer to get the op. Due to circumstances, I don't feel much better but holy cow it's cool how my older gear fits again. Much easier to find used gear too and or trade since the trend is to get fatter. I also credit a return to daily bicycle riding. Here I thought when you get old, you can back off some but it appears you have to ramp it it up. Emphysema on a non smoker? Now that bites!

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
A friend of mine's sister died at 15 years old from lung cancer. Never smoked anything. Mother Nature can sure throw some curve balls when she want to.

I fell off the wagon a bit. I think I've gained 10 lbs back...
Well get back on the wagon ASAP! The longer you wait the harder it is and the more ground you will have to make up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
After my hip surgery and stroke I gained 30 lbs. Sue talked me into buying two size 34 pants. Then I quit drinking milk and the pants are now to big. I'm losing fat fast now. A gallon of milk per day is(2%) approx. 1800 calories. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. I'm losing a 1/2 pound per day by not drinking milk. I should totally disappear with in a year. Ah ha, this is why Sue won't let me drink milk any more, she found a way to get rid of me. I will simply disappear. It's a good feeling not having to take a deep breath and hold it while you tie your shoes! Diets a Flyen SanDue:p:D

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'd surely agree milk is a bad idea when your no longer a baby. One of those things we like to eat eh? I'd forgotten how cool it was to be able to see my shoes after losing a few pounds, more dramatic was being able to see the family jewels. Not that I stand around admiring em but I hadn't seen em in quite some time, opting to go by feel. Makes peeing outside much mo enjoyable. I have found one slight disadvantage to shedding excess. My beloved wife did not have my advantage of wieght loss n is still a little heavy. Gets her a little cranky that i is svelte rapidly, without much effort. Highly advise if your serious on shedding them pounds, include your wife if needed. A group effort.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I can still see my family jewels. I use a mirror. lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
For you guys that like chocolate I have an awesome recipe for a chocolate vegan shake 220 calories

1/3 of package of silken tofu
half of small banana
3 heaping tea spoons unsweetened coco
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
half tea spoon brown sugar
half cup cashew milk
3 or 4 ice cubes
15 baby spinach leaves
blend it in blender

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Dan, we just know Sue keeps you in astoundingly good shape one way or another.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts