TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am in Maine, visiting up here from Georgia. Was taking a ride with friends around Parsonsfield Bridge and coming back through Naples. Managed to lose my shift lever on the way back towards Portland. Starting to look up dealers and see one near Sebago Lake. Do you think they will have one? Looking for the TW200. But hear an XT225 or XT250 will fit. I hear there are universal aftermarket ones that will fit, but not sure where to get one in Portland. Does anyone have a line of one to help?

Thank you!!​

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Ones for older YZ 125/250's should fit too, 96-06

If they have one the IMS 313114 works well ,that's what i have on my bikes. It fits the following bikes
Kawasaki KDX250 all, KX100 83-93, KX250 83-86, KX500 83-93, KX60 83-93, KX80 83-93; Yamaha YZ125 96-06, YZ250 88-06, YZ80 83-01, YZ85 02-06

You could probably overnight one in from Amazon if you order it soon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WMRN1K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I would assume a stock shitfer from any of these would work in a pinch.

There are two Yamaha dealers not too far from Portland, one in Gorham and one in Lewiston.

the one in Gorham is Reynolds motorsports 207-929-6641 The one in lewiston is Central Maine Powersports 207-689-2345

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
By the way, welcome to the forum!! Ya'll come back now, ya hear... :p

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Great! Lot's of helpful folks here to help you, just like our brother JB above!! (find me another forum where someone digs up places and phone numbers trying to help a new guy!!) If you post up what part of Georgia you are in, you might find some TW riders!! :D

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ha, this happened to me too, on my second ever, shake down ride. It forced me to walk several miles in the late evening, almost to late to knock on a door to ask to use a phone, (out of cell phone range out here)
My gal came to my rescue, and wouldn't you know it, but while driving me home, she spotted it in the middle of the road!
So, back to where I stashed the bike, and scrounged up a bolt and nut, and stuck er' back on and roder it home.
That'll teach ME to make sure I torque fasteners better! (I hope...)
RicklesssS in Oregon

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also, note that there is a "shift lever replacement" thread, in the "Performance and Customization" thread, for even more idea's.
Rick

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Ha, this happened to me too, on my second ever, shake down ride. It forced me to walk several miles in the late evening, almost to late to knock on a door to ask to use a phone, (out of cell phone range out here)
My gal came to my rescue, and wouldn't you know it, but while driving me home, she spotted it in the middle of the road!
So, back to where I stashed the bike, and scrounged up a bolt and nut, and stuck er' back on and roder it home.
RicklesssS in Oregon
I carry a vice grip in my tool tube. I've not used it for a shifter, but I would give it a try if I was in a position like you ran into. I have ridden all day with a guy which used his vice grip to replace a broken left footpeg, so ya just never know! Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
RicklesssS in Oregon
:D I will be carrying vice grips from now on. (Murphy's Law means I wont need it. Luckily we had pliers and at least changed it to third (from fifth). I was able to ride it home, but it was a long ride. hehe I cant believe she spotted it!! We looked for mine with no luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neither Reynolds or Central Maine have one. Reynolds had racing replacements, but splines didnt fit. Recommended Mike's Cycles in Saco. He is salvage as well and had a box of shifters to rummage through. Found one that will work for the time being. Thank you all for your help and information!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I carry a vice grip in my tool tube. I've not used it for a shifter, but I would give it a try if I was in a position like you ran into. I have ridden all day with a guy which used his vice grip to replace a broken left footpeg, so ya just never know! Just a thought.
I really need to go buy an extra for the TW...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts