TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drat, I need to retrace my steps from a recent local ride and find my right side faux air scoop. It is fluorescent orange so should stand out unless it is hiding in the tall grass that formerly was bottom of my favorite fishing lake. Oh well, only twenty miles or so to search. Wonder if I can tape my backlight onto my visor, turn off headlight and search tonight once moon comes up. Betty Boop's plastic really glows in UV.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ever notice how I'm always coming up with some reason to go ride under bright moonlight? Tuesday is next full moon but I prefer one and two nights before since moon comes up early as sun goes down.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
betty boop playing janet jackson again? she too had a "nip slip"??
did the bolt come loose?

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, mechanic's error, don't tell TWilight since he has been coaching me on importance of proper maintenance properly completed. I obviously didn't tighten bolt sufficiently after having tank off recently addressing a vent routing issue.
For those who enjoy trivia the XT-225 tank has two air scoops below the gas tank making one think it is water cooled with radiators. They slot onto tabs on either side and then are through bolted together at the bottom. With bolt vibrating loose it was only matter of time before a scoop would fall off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts