TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha...before I clicked on the thread I though...He must have installed a 241.
Haha! I can’t believe how good it is! Kind of a game changer!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yeah....it doesn't look aggressive but it really grabs. Like it's covered in suction cups. That and it tracks really well over anything...rocks, logs, roots...anything.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah....it doesn't look aggressive but it really grabs. Like it's covered in suction cups. That and it tracks really well over anything...rocks, logs, roots...anything.
Nailed it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Till Death Dual Us Sport™;1003208 said:
Nailed it!
Off-road 241 looks great!

How does it work on the road? Can you scrape the pegs in 35 - 45 mph sweepers or does it get squirrely ?

I just got one of these yesterday https://www.heidenautires.com/product/k-60/ 120/90-18 to replace my well worn Shinko 700 130/80-18 (7K miles)

K60 sport rear.JPG

I do a lot of paved to gravel and fireroad stuff. Big block tire has worked well for me. I'll have the K60 mounted up next week...

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

How does it work on the road? Can you scrape the pegs in 35 - 45 mph sweepers or does it get squirrely ?

I just got one of these yesterday https://www.heidenautires.com/product/k-60/ 120/90-18 to replace my well worn Shinko 700 130/80-18 (7K miles)

View attachment 193582

I do a lot of paved to gravel and fireroad stuff. Big block tire has worked well for me. I'll have the K60 mounted up next week...
It feels great on the road. Haven’t had the chance to take it through some local twisties, but I will soon enough!

That tire looks extremely capable! great pattern to it.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Interesting how a simple tire change can make us a more confident rider. A good set of "feel goods" as NASCAR racer/broadcaster say's. I remember when the 244 was the cats meow when it came to comparing it to the stock tire. Just as you mentioned, now I feel like the 244 is just as bad as the stock. I'll tell 'ya, I've never felt any of the tires do well in the mud, not even the 244 but I'd take the 244 and 241 any day over the stock front tire in the sand.

TW seems to be running good and I know you mentioned a video or two ago the engine cutting out going up hill was still present. Watching and listening I can't tell it, so how is it doing? Anyway, thanks for sharing another great video.

·
Super Moderator
4,856 Posts

View attachment 193582

I have the same tire on the front of my TW200 – can’t fault it

Also works as a run flat up to 50mph on the road …..

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting how a simple tire change can make us a more confident rider. A good set of "feel goods" as NASCAR racer/broadcaster say's. I remember when the 244 was the cats meow when it came to comparing it to the stock tire. Just as you mentioned, now I feel like the 244 is just as bad as the stock. I'll tell 'ya, I've never felt any of the tires do well in the mud, not even the 244 but I'd take the 244 and 241 any day over the stock front tire in the sand.

TW seems to be running good and I know you mentioned a video or two ago the engine cutting out going up hill was still present. Watching and listening I can't tell it, so how is it doing? Anyway, thanks for sharing another great video.
Good thing about Southern California is there is not much mud to contend with!

TW is back to normal running condition. Instead of getting frustrated with trying to re-build the carb, I purchased a whole new carb instead, haha. At $45 bux it was a no-brainer.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Till Death Dual Us Sport™;1003958 said:

TW is back to normal running condition. Instead of getting frustrated with trying to re-build the carb, I purchased a whole new carb instead, haha. At $45 bux it was a no-brainer.
Yep. Sometimes when I buy used ATVs the carbs are in terrible shape. I have had good luck buying ~$35ish china carbs from eBay and throwing them on. Same for old used lawn equipment. Some have been running for years already. I clean my TW carb, but if it ever came to the point of frustration or mass amounts of time troubleshooting, I would probably try this route as well. Either way, happy you are back up and running properly. I enjoy your vids and now we can have more lol. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Till Death Dual Us Sport™;1003958 said:

Did you purchase OEM Carb or after market/Chinese carb? Where'd you find it for $45?

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you purchase OEM Carb or after market/Chinese carb? Where'd you find it for $45?
Not sure if my private message went through.

I purchased the Rad Racing Carb on Amazon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts