TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up buying the Big Mike or "PSR" (Power Stands Racing) rear axle stand and triple tree stands mainly because they were the only supplier that clearly offered the 24mm pin for the TW triple tree. Today I used them for checking and correcting the bead seat on a new front tire, cleaning and pressure washing and being able to spin the wheels makes detailing a snap and finally lubing the chain! I also adjusted the handle bars and controls with the bike sitting upright in the riding position

SAM_6581.JPG SAM_6586.JPG SAM_6588.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Looks great.

I've been using a rear stand for years. It makes lubing the chain so easy.

Do you have a source (link) for the front stand?

Thanks.

jb

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rear stand is the Big Mike non spool stand available in black or chrome the front is the Big Mike triple tree stand the trick is to get the right pins and you actually need 2 parts the main pin and a 24mm "sleeve"

I bought the pin on the far left with the collar and trimmed 3/4" off it and then you need the sleeve on the far right. if you use the pin they recommend (shorter w/o the collar 4th from left) there's not quite enough lift

I'll look up the part numbers for the pins

I bought from Moto Part Hub and got the best deal I could find

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The long pin with the collar is the one I prefer (PSR part 00-00132) the shorter pin is the one PSR lists for the TW and it will hold the bike upright but not quite high enough to rotate the front tire. You also need the "sleeve" ( PSR part 00-00140) which brings the 3/4" diameter base pin up to 24mm. the long collared pin will fit at full length but it's tricky to get it in the hole so I found trimming off 1/2" to 3/4" made it perfect (I trimmed 3/4")
SAM_6601.JPG SAM_6603.JPG SAM_6604.JPG

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Thanks for doing the legwork.

One more question, Can the front wheel be removed with the stand in place?

From your picture, it looks like the uprights of the stand might be in the way of removing the front axle.

jb

...and....oooooh...made in China....can't be any good, right.... :) (said facetiously)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just replaced the front tire last night the tree still pivots easily it was the fastest and easiest front wheel swap I've ever done and no risk or worry of the bike tipping over

1 - 9 of 9 Posts