TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 had been stumbling in 4th and 5th. I cleaned the carb and still no improvement. Played with every possible pilot setting with no luck. Checked petcock and fuel flow. Even ran it without the gas cap to rule out possible venting issue.

I had inspected the air filter a number of times, but today when I removed it, it came out in multiple pieces. Installed an old one I had forgotten to throw away and now it runs like a champ.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Always a ghost to chase when working on bikes (or I guess anything mechanical for that matter). Glad you solved yours without too much hassle! It's been a while since I looked at my air filter. This makes me want to check in on it. I'm only at about 2,800mi, and it looked fine at 1k miles.

·
Registered
217 Posts
When I went to Moab last spring I got a sheet of filter foam and cut and oiled a bunch of filters. The idea was that every day I could install a fresh filter and not have to spend my time washing out filters. It is a lot cheaper to buy a sheet of UNI foam than buying OEM stuff. Now I have a lifetime of filters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts