TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took apart my carb this past weekend on my 2006 tw200 and found that my low speed jet was partially plugged. I cleaned it and i was amazed how much more power and response I have. I did the same to my sons 2010 Honda crf80 and his was plugged and it brought his bike back to life. I notice that both low speed jets had like a web or screen halfway down the jet before it sprays through the tube of the jet. Has anyone drill out this screen or web to prevent future plugging?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dunno.. having that web there prevents any particles from getting through, but does present the issue of maintenance to insure that it stays clean and clear. I would think routine checking of the strainers is needed until you discover the source of the contaminants (rusty/dirty fuel tank and bad fuel filter?).

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
....... I notice that both low speed jets had like a web or screen halfway down the jet before it sprays through the tube of the jet. Has anyone drill out this screen or web to prevent future plugging?
Are you sure?

I have not seen a screen in the slow speed jet (pilot jet) in a Teikei carb.

I would post a picture but Photobucket is holding all my carb photos for ransom.

...figured out how to attach photo....

34pilotjet.JPG

jb

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
What rbm says. I have found the blockage as soon as 2 months. It does look like a tiny web inside the jet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting my 2005 to crank and idle without the choke. Does okay at half choke. Immediately dies when I press the choke in. I have soaked the main jet , pilot jet, as well as the whole carb twice in chemdip, followed by warm water and compressed air. I can't get the smallest wire of my torch-tip kit to go through the pilot jet. I can barely see a hole at all. I suspect this is not normal. Can any one confirm? Has something fossilized in there? Should I take the smallest drill bit I can find and try to ream it out?
Any input appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

Typical signs of a clogged up pilot jet. Save yourself a lot of hassle and buy a new OEM one. If you can get some Lucus Deep System Fuel Cleaner it might help.
Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting my 2005 to crank and idle without the choke. Does okay at half choke. Immediately dies when I press the choke in. I have soaked the main jet , pilot jet, as well as the whole carb twice in chemdip, followed by warm water and compressed air. I can't get the smallest wire of my torch-tip kit to go through the pilot jet. I can barely see a hole at all. I suspect this is not normal. Can any one confirm? Has something fossilized in there? Should I take the smallest drill bit I can find and try to ream it out?
Any input appreciated.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-44-35_kindlephoto-290085377.jpg

On a semi related note, has anyone bought this from Procycle- and if so what sizes come with it? Alternately do you guys know any good places to but Teikei jets at?

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
View attachment 128633

On a semi related note, has anyone bought this from Procycle- and if so what sizes come with it? Alternately do you guys know any good places to but Teikei jets at?
When I ordered mine, I told them what altitude I was at and they made up the kit for me. It included one for my altitude, one for lower and some higher altitude ones. It worked out well.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
At the time Mr Bracket (Mike) followed my order through for me. He still works there as far as I know. He did sell his TW awhile back so we don't see him on the forum anymore. He's the one responsible for making up the Procycle TW page. May I suggest a call to Procycle?
Oh ok. Did you call them or order it through the website?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I try to push small metal drills or such through there only as a last resort. I have found that I can clean the tiniest jets (Honda trail 90 idle jet) by torching them. I use needle-nose vice-grips. Be gentle. Get it hot with a propane torch. It seems to turn any blockage into ash that I can blow out.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Any input appreciated.
I've had this problem a few times. It's always the needle. The needle on a CV carb (constant velocity) is pulled up with vacuum, not the throttle cable like 2-stroke carbs. The needle will get deposits built up on it and it will not be drawn up when the throttle is twisted. Sometimes the diaphragm gets a hole in it and leaks which causes the same symptom. To check loosen the carb boots, turn it sideways enough to remove the top and the diaphragm and the needle. Look and feel the needle where it tapers. Clean with carb cleaner and a clean cloth. Reassemble and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have bought all of my jets from a local Yamaha dealer. I called ordered the jets using the part numbers listed in the carb jet sticky. There were no shipping charges just my gas to go pick them up. The prices are good probably better than some online retailers with the shipping charges added. This may not help you if a dealer isn't nearby. Boats.net and rocky Mtn ATV are two other online places to get jets.

View attachment 128633

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new as of today. bout a 2017 TW200 for my daughter it sat last fall for two months and you guessed it would only start with the choke engaged, dies immediately when you shut the choke off. I got the carb off and took the bottom bowl off. THere was no varnish but the gas does smell a little nasty. I'm guessing when I remove both jets just screw them all the way down and not how many turns it took clean the jets and reinstall them, screw them all the way down and then back them out with the turn mentioned earlier? Will dump the tank and get new gas as well. Also where is the best place to get a manual and witch one is best? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys new as of today. bout a 2017 TW200 for my daughter it sat last fall for two months and you guessed it would only start with the choke engaged, dies immediately when you shut the choke off. I got the carb off and took the bottom bowl off. THere was no varnish but the gas does smell a little nasty. I'm guessing when I remove both jets just screw them all the way down and not how many turns it took clean the jets and reinstall them, screw them all the way down and then back them out with the turn mentioned earlier? Will dump the tank and get new gas as well. Also where is the best place to get a manual and witch one is best? Thanks in advance
I think the procycle site has manuals.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts