TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Specifically …..

How long does it take to get to the donut shop compared to the TW ?
What’s the donut carrying capacity compared to the TW ?
Have the staff at the donut shop realised that you now have a new bike, and stopped hiding some of the stock ?
Have you ever considered how many donuts you could get in the tires of a Rockon ?

Just askin’ …….

:D

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Specifically …..

How long does it take to get to the donut shop compared to the TW ?
What’s the donut carrying capacity compared to the TW ?
Have the staff at the donut shop realised that you now have a new bike, and stopped hiding some of the stock ?
Have you ever considered how many donuts you could get in the tires of a Rockon ?

Just askin’ …….

Not sure donut's are the best fit for Rokon tires. Chocolate milk on the other hand.........

Tom

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Specifically …..

1. How long does it take to get to the donut shop compared to the TW ?
2. What’s the donut carrying capacity compared to the TW ?
3. Have the staff at the donut shop realised that you now have a new bike, and stopped hiding some of the stock ?
4. Have you ever considered how many donuts you could get in the tires of a Rockon ?

Just askin’ …….

1. It's at least 5 minutes faster getting there by scooter...
2. It can carry more without them getting squished in the side-bags... (yes, I still eat squished donuts regardless)
3. Unless I'm racing for the last glazed one in the display, they never hear me coming. The scooter is whisper quiet sneaking up on the Donut shop...
4. Hmmm, may have to run an experiment one of these days...

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Thanks for asking, I'm really really enjoying it so far. So quick to hop on and go, it's impressively powerful too. My sister might get it next year, she's showing an interest in riding again since I got it...:rolleyes:

Hi LT, am interested to hear your first impressions of scooter.

'13 TW200

A.T.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
The only thing I wish was just a tiny bit bigger is the seat. Other than that, it's perfect. I've kinda wanted a Suzuki Bergman (200 or 400) for awhile now. I'm only entertaining the idea of letting her have it. It's a powerful scooter and I'm afraid it might be too much for her to start with. Either way, I'm going to have to teach her on it beforehand. I just hope she doesn't crash it. It's in mint condition. :rolleyes: Only time will tell.
Your sis possibly getting the scooter might indicate that it is lacking in some way for your needs. Would you care to speak t that? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
nice ride tommy, but is it just me, or does it seem kinda wrong that a scooter has a 350 and our trusty mules only get a 200?

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I see scooters on the freeways easily passing traffic.

In the mid 60's a friend had a Vespa and I think it had a twist grip 3 speed transmission. Is my memory correct? I think the new scooters are automatics which makes learning to ride it a breeze.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Me got'a Scoot too! A frickin BWS150..Have had it for about 3 years.. So much fun to go to the store for a beer run, Home Depot...... Top end is about 65... Do I go that fast... 1 time!
I did have to replumb all the emissions tubing and fuel lines... they started cracking... right away... Dang Cheap CHINK stuff. The little GY6 engine and variable trans are bullet proof. I have about 3K miles on it.

taotao_orange_bws_2.jpg

The aftermath!

0605171805a.jpg

Jim

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
The first Vespa I ever rode was like that. It was from the late 50's and I think it was 1964 when I rode my first one.
I see scooters on the freeways easily passing traffic.

In the mid 60's a friend had a Vespa and I think it had a twist grip 3 speed transmission. Is my memory correct? I think the new scooters are automatics which makes learning to ride it a breeze.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think I meantioned elsewhere that when I recently bought my TDub, the dealer had this '09 Yamaha Zuma 125 for sale as well.

Karen decided to give it a try. She took the test for her GA learner's permit and has enjoyed puttering around on the bike so far. She got a new hip a couple years ago, and swinging a leg up and over a bike remains problematical for now - a scooter is a perfect solution.

It's very cleverly thought out. I've ridden it a few times and it's a hoot. The bar position is horrible for me, so I doubt I'll put too many miles on it - but I do see the appeal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts