TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife called me and said she forgot her lunch, normally I would be a little aggravated by this, but it was such a great morning I told her I would be happy to bring her lunch.
It didn't hurt that it's such a nice drive up there. So this first pic is a climber along the Potash Rd., and a couple pics of the bike with my awesome new Clarke tank, and Cyclerack. And some overlooks of the Colorado River.
For those who don't know my wife works up at the Island in the Sky, district of Canyonlands N.P. I will post a few more pics in another post.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
O.K. a few more pics, one of them is looking partway down on the Schaffer trail from above.
Then after delivering lunch I returned home via Long Canyon, I think some people will recognize the big rock you have to go under on this road. And the pinnacle that some crazy people jump onto.

You folks should consider coming here at this time of year instead of the week before Easter, the weather is a lot more dependable now. 75 to 80 for the high and 50 to 55 for the low. It's perfect in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
You're so lucky, living in Moab.......
Same rock.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
And your lucky that your wife is such a great sport, that she'll join you on her own bike.
But to be fair my wife is like 95 lbs. and not strong enough to ride one.
Oh, indeed I am! But actually, my wife is only 5 foot even and about 110 lbs. The TW200 is a big bike for her! Her bike has been lowered so she can handle it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I had to look up the park, didn't know where it was. So...you don't take the route they have for directions from Moab...hahaha
Yeah, the Schafer Switchbacks are a hell of a commute!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

Like Subaru we of the TW crowd have the NPS covered. Was pleased to see this bike being used in the Great Smokey Mt National Park in April. Its owner is a volunteer operating a water powered mill and commutes on a great road for the bike (the return is oneway, unpaved and downhill twisties. Its great to see the bike in parks from east to west (even in support and familial roles).

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I think that is 'Thelma & Louise' Point!

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
You folks should consider coming here at this time of year instead of the week before Easter, the weather is a lot more dependable now. 75 to 80 for the high and 50 to 55 for the low. It's perfect in my opinion.

We should heed this advice from someone who knows better than we! :thumbsup:

Rode both of these routes this past March with the TW group. Long Canyon was on a different day but made it part of the Hey Joe Canyon run. Excellent area's.

Clark sure add's a sense of comfort for sure! Nice pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts