TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there T Dubbers

Well well did I get the surprise of my life ..... Im working in Madagascar (biggest Island in the world) for the last 16 months. It is a VERY poor country and where I am at the south end (Fort Dauphin) it is very rural and primitive and if it was not for the mine there would not be much happening here.

The locals ride little scooters mostly and the taxis are "Tuc Tuc's" I dropped another expat off at the airport and to my surprise I saw a TW 200 parked at the entrance. Flabbergasted and trying to figure out how it got here I started looking for the owner. Anyway the first question to him was HOW MUCH , he just grinned at me shaking his head. Thru an interpreter he told me the bike was brought to Madagascar from France by a French tourist that toured the country for 6 months rode it to the airport and gave it away to this lucky chap and off he went.

There is fabulous riding trails out here and I have so many times wished that my T Dub was here. Well I will just have to wait till December to get my turn
Regards

·
Registered
653 Posts
Tuc Tuc ?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for the enlightenment, Purple!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
20,463 Posts
I thought Madagascar's social democrats murdered all the french colonials back they when took over in 1958. Nice to know place accepts french tourists these days, or at least their money is welcome.
Their first social democrat president, Philibert Tsiranana, only lasted in office 2 months. Maybe America's proposed social democrat presidential candidate will last longer.;)

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
I thought Madagascar's social democrats murdered all the french colonials back they when took over in 1958.
History does have an unforunate habit of repeating itsel ..... :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts