·
Registered
1,883 Posts
HOOT!
Glad I'm not the only nut job on here!

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Cool, that may also pick up any random hardware that falls off your bike and will help to keep the trails and roads clear of those pesky nails and things that can cause flat tires (not so much for you but for the rest of us :D).

p.s. What happens when you go over some railroad tracks or those metal expansion joints on bridges?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Those should be mandatory on Harleys. The parts that rattle off are a road hazard.
This bashing of Harley Davidson motorcycles must stop!

I'll have you know that 96% of all the Harleys ever built are still on the road.

The rest made it home...

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I tried changing the front tire but continued to crash.
So I came up with this Balance Assist Device using powerful magnets to keep me upright.
It works so well I was able to remove the kickstand And it now feels 3mph faster.
Will it help trigger the lights? Go to the construction sites, you may get a second job.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first time I got stuck at a R/R crossing I swapped the magnets out for Bare Earth Magnets, they are more powerful and don’t have that pesky polarity issue.
The biggest flaw in this idea is that the magnet is BEHIND the bike so the tires have first chance at the nails.
I have found buckets of nails and occasional nuts and bolts but secretly Im hoping for a meteorite.
030896B4-E639-443C-807F-D33A75C730BE.jpeg

I was was getting so many flats I put 2 tubes in my front tire, when one goes flat I can now just fill the other and keep mag sweeping.
D70CC93F-4351-4BFF-8EAC-97B98F037DD0.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
Will it help trigger the lights? Go to the construction sites, you may get a second job.
I've heard the rumor that a powerful magnet on the bottom of your bike can help trigger lights, and a lot of people that have claimed it works great. I've also seen videos "debunking" this as to why it shouldn't/doesn't work, so dunno. Guess I should just try it, since my TW never trips lights.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
This bashing of Harley Davidson motorcycles must stop!

I'll have you know that 96% of all the Harleys ever built are still on the road.

The rest made it home...
The remaining 4% of those Harley parts will likely be picked up by Willys714's magnet.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Go slow to feel the tug of a sizable iron meteorite. Upgrade to rare earth and drag across known shower trails. Cheaper than going to antarctica and searching ice fields.
If lucky you might find one with regmaglypts, quite valuable to collectors. meteortite  regmagylpts.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don’t encourage me with that pretty space rock, my wife already believes I’ve gone insane putting around at 5mph collecting trash.
The Harbor Freight magnet is really only good for nails , the quick release feature just locates the cheap magnets higher in the assembly.
I am having fun with it and now want to make a real one, collapsible and more powerful.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I've heard the rumor that a powerful magnet on the bottom of your bike can help trigger lights, and a lot of people that have claimed it works great. I've also seen videos "debunking" this as to why it shouldn't/doesn't work, so dunno. Guess I should just try it, since my TW never trips lights.
I had a "Green light". It is a magnet with a cover which actually did seem to trigger the lights. It wore out and broke. I tried rare earth magnets but when I went off road riding it fell off. I need to try something again.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Your on to something there. I wonder if it changes your Aura? If you went round and round might you summon up something? I’d consider a small strong magnet attached to the forks, dangle out in front of tire. And how about outriggers? Be nice for sweeping a zone and whup out your metal detector for the often cooler non ferrous. We have an Energy Vortex here where I live. Maybe you can open up another?

·
Registered
789 Posts
dang me. hate being correct sometimes. Rare event really. But I was thinking positive energy not "suck me down" Vortex. Hmm. Maybe try and go back wards or something. Recycle a bunch of iron?
Tonto

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Runindum’s blue 2006 goes well with his Cessna. Nice pairing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts