TW200 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well said! I am completely baffled as to why asking to see an image of this complete body panel kit installed on a TW200 is asking too much. How does a product like this go from conception, to design, to production, and then to full-on sale to the public without a single picture being able to be drug up at some phase of the design? I've been asking myself for over a week now - what's going on here?
Also why aren’t they available in every color Maier makes?

Seriously, they have to know customers are going to want the colors that aren’t available from the factory to make the TW into a Kawasaki or Honda or ktm, sure enough that’s what everyone is excited about.

Let’s be honest, if we wanted white or tan or gray we can buy it directly from Yamaha for less money than they are asking.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think there's enough conspiracy theories going around in the world as it is. I can think of tons of products that I've had to scour the internet for random forum photos of. Popular products (in niche markets, like the TW200) that there should be photos of, or more angles. I can also empathize with not having time to do simple things on some of my other projects. Unless I'm mistaken, none of these guys actually work for the company, so all these angry demands seem a bit unfounded. I'm not diggin' the negativity in this thread, I know we can do better, let's be patient, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My gripe lies more with the company not showing me what they are selling me...
Edit: I'm guilty of giving the OP a hard time, I apologize for that. Just seemed a little strange to post a picture with only what, seven bolts left to go?

Reactions: Dane_The_Meng

·
Registered
535 Posts
He posted pics on facebook, and made it pretty clear he's not coming back here.

Too bad, this forum is light-years ahead of the facebook group... and a searchable knowledge base makes any dedicated forum vastly more useful than a facebook group (I know there's a search function on facebook, but it's not the same thing at all).

Just look at the thread that Tommy resurrected the other day (It's Done!!!). All the most common questions being asked on facebook were answered here back in 2012 by Lizrdbrth... in a single thread!

I digress though, sorry for getting off topic. Maybe SteveG will come back after all, once he cools off.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree 100%. The op getting upset is silly. If you werent ready to show people what youre trying to push which is something interesting that people will want to know more about then wait till youre ready. Dont post a teaser of something then not say anything else about it for a week and be upset about it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It is my guess that they simply wanted to put a teaser out to the TW200 community, and may not be ready for full production yet. Patience is in order here. It's their business how they run their business.

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
It’s the suspense – the waiting – the tension – we’re just not used to it

If we can’t see the end result in 362,882 minutes it’s got to be bull shit – nobody can hold out that long

Have you seen the new TW colours for 2022 yet – if they’ve kept us wating this long it’s never going to happen, absolute bull crap – doesn’t exist ……..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You guys can be rough! :p
Our apologies for being a little slow with the pictures and marketing. We've been swamped, which is a good thing, but some tasks like taking pictures get put on the backburner. We have a lot of projects going on, but we can do better.
The guys at Rugged Radios are great, and they got us interested in the TW. We got one in-house and now we're looking for a few more! What a blast these bikes are!
Back to the fenders, sounds like a lot of you are wanting color options. Tell you what, we can get a limited edition custom color run going. We have 16 colors to choose from: Black, White, Red, Fighting Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Electric Blue, Olive Green, Desert Sand (matte Tan), Orange, Zest Orange, Robins Egg Blue, Stealth Black (textured satin Black), Black Carbon Fiber and Pearl White Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our apologies for being a little slow with the pictures and marketing. We've been swamped, which is a good thing, but some tasks like taking pictures get put on the backburner. We have a lot of projects going on, but we can do better.
The guys at Rugged Radios are great, and they got us interested in the TW. We got one in-house and now we're looking for a few more! What a blast these bikes are!
Back to the fenders, sounds like a lot of you are wanting color options. Tell you what, we can get a limited edition custom color run going. We have 16 colors to choose from: Black, White, Red, Fighting Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Electric Blue, Olive Green, Desert Sand (matte Tan), Orange, Zest Orange, Robins Egg Blue, Stealth Black (textured satin Black), Black Carbon Fiber and Pearl White Carbon Fiber.
View attachment 213147 View attachment 213148 View attachment 213149 View attachment 213150 View attachment 213151 View attachment 213152 View attachment 213153 View attachment 213154 View attachment 213155 View attachment 213156

...and Metallic Silver.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! And thank you, Maier USA! Please, help us help you!!! I am very happy to hear about these updates. We're not too "rough" - we're just "old-school." Talk and hype aren't worth spit - but a picture is worth more than a thousand words. If you would like some sound advice for future product development... I STRONGLY advise that you offer a QUALITY plastic fuel tank with a mildly expanded fuel capacity that FITS the TW200. I guarantee you that you are underestimating the market for such an item...

·
Registered
953 Posts
View attachment 213147 View attachment 213148 View attachment 213149 View attachment 213150 View attachment 213151 View attachment 213152 View attachment 213153 View attachment 213154 View attachment 213155 View attachment 213156
If you're asking, I'd love to see a run of the yellow color. Followed second by the olive color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! And thank you, Maier USA! Please, help us help you!!! I am very happy to hear about these updates. We're not too "rough" - we're just "old-school." Talk and hype aren't worth spit - but a picture is worth more than a thousand words. If you would like some sound advice for future product development... I STRONGLY advise that you offer a QUALITY plastic fuel tank with a mildly expanded fuel capacity that FITS the TW200. I guarantee you that you are underestimating the market for such an item...
Unfortunately, we don't make fuel tanks. Different manufacturing machines.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts