TW200 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well - I just checked the Maier website. It appears, after some inquiry, that they have added a few pics of their product installed on a TW200. EDIT - I hope this helps some of our members here.
https://maier-mfg.com/87-21-yamaha-tw200-side-panels.html

View attachment 213142
If you're asking, I'd love to see a run of the yellow color. Followed second by the olive color.
Blake
believe the yellow is to dark to achieve your
Yellow speed block yztw

·
Registered
953 Posts
We can make that happen. We've received a lot of requests for Yellow, so we might make it a stock color.
SteveG put up this photo of a custom set you guys had made for rugged radio, was wondering if the yellow you mentioned in the list is the same? The yellow from this picture is perfect.

Credit: SteveG

·
Registered
951 Posts
Unfortunately, we don't make fuel tanks. Different manufacturing machines.
Bummer
I would love to have a tank to match the plastics ..
If I have to paint the tank I might as well paint the plastics..
That way I get a match for sure...

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
951 Posts
SteveG put up this photo of a custom set you guys had made for rugged radio, was wondering if the yellow you mentioned in the list is the same? The yellow from this picture is perfect.

View attachment 213163
Blake I may be completely wrong , that yellow in the picture looks pretty dang good !

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh me oh my they're all so beautiful 😭 I'm definitely drawn to these three for my bike, I had been just embracing all the white BUTTTTT..... that blue especially UGH love it. I'm thinking I could pull off that blue and keep my existing tan bits + paint my frame tan 😎 I don't like the way my natural tank looks next to the white panels, it makes it painfully obvious how ugly the natural tank color is, I think literally any other color would make it less obvious.

·
Registered
951 Posts

View attachment 213163
TWBigBlake
What are you thinking about doing for the gas tank

·
Registered
203 Posts
@TWBigBlake I gave that photo a quick n dirty color correction to hopefully give you the best representation of it's color, provided your monitor isn't off.

Reactions: Maier USA

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Some additional food for thought for you guys: If you offer the ability to completely change the look of the TW200 by replacing the plastics, but don't offer a solution for changing the appearance of the tank, it either forces the owner to A) Paint their original tank to match (which is not ideal if they want to have the option to switch back to the original look), or B) Purchase a 3rd party plastic tank (which likely won't match your plastics in color), or C) Not buy your plastics.

Any way you look at this, without having a solution to the color of the tank, it may limit the sales of your plastics in colors other than those which match original TW200 colors.

Some ideas:
A) Manufacture tanks that compliment your plastics (You already stated that you didn't want to do this).
B) Vinyl wrap for the tank?
C) Matching plastics that would somehow cover the OEM metal tank.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow! That looks tight! (y)

Tight meaning....good/great! :)

Reactions: Workingman
121 - 140 of 149 Posts