TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wowww it looks so good. I might have to consider the white carbon if I want to keep mine white

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
281 Posts
Recieved my carbon yesterday. Set a couple pieces in place for now for viewing pleasure. No time to install at the moment :D View attachment 213469 View attachment 213470
Nice!

Question: Are the MFG logos cleared in, or could they theoretically be removed?

I’m all for giving a MFG proper credit where credit is due, but with body panels/fenders (plastics), I don’t care to be a billboard, especially if the MFG logo colors clash with the color scheme of my bike.

(I’d gladly tell anyone who asked @ the gas station, who made my kick ass plastics).

Reactions: nihil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice!

Question: Are the MFG logos cleared in, or could they theoretically be removed?

I’m all for giving a MFG proper credit where credit is due, but with body panels/fenders (plastics), I don’t care to be a billboard, especially if the MFG logo colors clash with the color scheme of my bike.

(I’d gladly tell anyone who asked @ the gas station, who made my kick ass plastics).
Seadub, stickers logos peel right off(y)

·
Registered
281 Posts

Seadub, stickers logos peel right off(y)
Cool. Thanks.

Btw, maybe a minor nit, but it looks from your photos like Maier chose to put the opening for the cowling mount grommet @ the 9 o’clock pos’n, instead of @ OEM 12 o’clock pos’n. (?)

That matters, by design, especially for those who want to use a Jimbo shield.

If the mounting tab gap is open to the back of the bike, even with the lower cowling mount bolt installed, the cowling will be far less locked into place than the Yamaha OE front cowling design.

The OE tab gap @ 12 o’clock & the lower mounting bolt work in concert to isolate any movement out of installed position.

With the gap open to the back of the bike, the cowl is more prone to easily pushing forward off the mount posts, if any type of light bump were applied to the back/top of the cowl toward the front of the bike.

Japanese design & engineering have intent. Details matter.

There are easy fixes for that, fortunately, because well, unless they’re cutting that gap post production, into a solid molded mounting ring tab (& could change location of the cuts), the molds are already made.

But, if Maier is watching this thread & it’s feasible, please consider correcting this seemingly minor, but significant design detail back to OE.

Wouldn’t stop me from buying. They do look great!

·
Registered
21,499 Posts

In South America can hear this color referred to as "Panty Blue".
Electric Blue sure sounds and looks cool but Panty Blue is forever locked into my Abby Normal brain.

·
Registered
'08 TW200 with all the usual add-ons. '06 TW200 Beater in need of TLC
39 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

Btw, maybe a minor nit, but it looks from your photos like Maier chose to put the opening for the cowling mount grommet @ the 9 o’clock pos’n, instead of @ OEM 12 o’clock pos’n. (?)

That matters, by design, especially for those who want to use a Jimbo shield.

If the mounting tab gap is open to the back of the bike, even with the lower cowling mount bolt installed, the cowling will be far less locked into place than the Yamaha OE front cowling design.

The OE tab gap @ 12 o’clock & the lower mounting bolt work in concert to isolate any movement out of installed position.

With the gap open to the back of the bike, the cowl is more prone to easily pushing forward off the mount posts, if any type of light bump were applied to the back/top of the cowl toward the front of the bike.

Japanese design & engineering have intent. Details matter.

There are easy fixes for that, fortunately, because well, unless they’re cutting that gap post production, into a solid molded mounting ring tab (& could change location of the cuts), the molds are already made.

But, if Maier is watching this thread & it’s feasible, please consider correcting this seemingly minor, but significant design detail back to OE.

Wouldn’t stop me from buying. They do look great!

View attachment 213488

View attachment 213490

I'll be keeping an eye on this as I currently use the Jimbo windshield and it it's confirmed it won't fit with the Meier plastics, that would not do.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bummer! I have to say - that seems like a huge oversight.

·
Registered
643 Posts
If they had offered colors different than stock I think this would have been a bigger hit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on this as I currently use the Jimbo windshield and it it's confirmed it won't fit with the Meier plastics, that would not do.
To be clear, I don’t know if Maier’s TW cowling will or won’t work with the Jimbo shield.

I just noted that the tab design could make the cowling more likely to be pushed forward off the mount posts, as compared to the Yamaha OE tab design.

If this affects compatibility with a Jimbo shield, I don’t know. Someone who has tried them together will have to report on it.

Reactions: Tenth Letter
141 - 154 of 154 Posts