TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after reading I think every jetting thread on the forum, I have a couple questions.

Why do you think the CA TW gets a BIGGER main jet than the 49 state model (128 v 126)?

Why do you think a couple of foreign countries get an even bigger main jet than what American tinkerers have found to be perhaps a little on the fat side of optimum for a stock engine ( 132.5 v 130)?

No, it doesn't really matter to me and my bike, but I am curious.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I believe that it is to meet any governmental controls. 49 state - EPA = 126, California - CARB = 128 (added "smog controls" probably allows for the larger jet), the 130 was never a TW jet, I think it went in an XT. We use it often 'cause it works well. Other countries that get the 132.5 maybe don't have said restrictions, and/or are hotter where the added fuel helps with cooling?

Good questions, I'm curious to see what others say about it.

Did you get those 2015 bikes dialed in Rod? What did you end up with on your settings?

·
Registered
636 Posts
So after reading I think every jetting thread on the forum, I have a couple questions.

Why do you think the CA TW gets a BIGGER main jet than the 49 state model (128 v 126)?

Why do you think a couple of foreign countries get an even bigger main jet than what American tinkerers have found to be perhaps a little on the fat side of optimum for a stock engine ( 132.5 v 130)?

No, it doesn't really matter to me and my bike, but I am curious.
My California 2004 came with a 125, I believe the 49 state models come with 128.
I 'decalied' mine, (took off the canister and plugged the carb) and put a 130 in it. Low throttle about the same, wide open a little better, and I think it runs a little cooler, but no measurements to back that up. Also decreased MPG by about 10. For where i live (crazy Hot) it is a good trade off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Larry, no not yet. I ordered new jets from my dealer last week and they just came in yesterday. I will pick them up today and work on it this weekend.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
...... I believe the 49 state models come with 128.....
No, the 49 state models come with a 126. Why a 2004 Cali model had a 125, I don't know. 126 should work fine in the cooler PNW climate, mine does. I don't see the point of going to a 130 unless you routinely ride at sea level in 100 degree plus temps like Sponge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts