TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the boys and I went to Mammoth a couple years ago for work and were blown away by the miles and miles of trails and amazing scenery. We have friends there and now I have another TW to pick up there, so I’m planning to take my bike and the local TW crew to do some riding.

I’m not into organizing big trips, but I like TW’s and just about all TW owners are cool, so I’m thinking I’ll post the dates and if anyone can make it, rad! If not, I’ll post pics later and share the good times you missed! 😂

Anyone up for a Mammoth ride?

P.S. I might be able to get us some good rates at the resort If anyone is interested in glamming it up.

C397718F-E07E-4B74-BF84-324CB05A92EE.jpeg

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'd be interested. I have a truck-camper and know others are not adverse to camp-riding either. Maybe you could suggest someplace in the area we could free camp?

Reactions: SteveG

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi Steve. I'd be interested. Truck camper here also.

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Same here, especially if you can point us in the direction of trailheads like this. The long road into Laurel Lakes would be memorable.
panoramio-133688276.jpg

More teaser info: Laurel Lakes OHV Route

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know a guy... and, if I remember right, the photo I posted is at Laurel Lake... amazing place.

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
So when and where?
If you prefer no company that is very understandable.
I've toured solo some of the hot springs on other side of highway, places like HillTop Hot Springs where the solitude can be impressive.
hilltop.jpg

However there is something to be said for sharing these places with the right company.
hilltop_Hot_Spring_lg.jpg

These are sort of places wife & I like to pause at.

Reactions: El Viejo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So when and where?
If you prefer no company that is very understandable.
Not sure when yet... still sorting it out. Company? For sure. I think it would be great if the place was invaded by a bunch of TW’s. I’m sure the folks at Mammoth wouldn’t mind either!

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Steve, prepare to deal with requests for location of a fee free group camp site suitable in size and accessibility for a bunch of folks and vehicles that you've never seen before.
Safest thing might be to suggest a time and location where folks can meet you and your local TW crew and maybe share a ride if so inclined. Late season dust can suck the fun out of any group ride. If an issue we simply break up into smaller groups and head out on out own.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I vote for early October for the fall colors and chance of rain. At the least, the freezing morning air will keep what dew forms over night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds interesting, I am following along to see if time works out for us. Mo has a TW and I have a KLR would that be acceptable?
Mikey

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the current plan is to stage in Bishop, ride dirt to Mammoth (about 60 miles) On a Friday, stay in a hotel, ride on Saturday, hotel, ride back to Bishop Sunday morning and head home.

I’ll share more once we have more details (and a real plan) 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts