TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok those that are up for a challenge, I know I need one. Sunday an honest weigh in signed in by a loved one. Shall we go by the week or month. I need to drop about 40, and need a reason not to disappoint my fellow TWer's. Anyone up for the challenge, how about 10lb a month, we should be in fighting shape by Moab.

Maybe do a weekly weigh in and post.

I'll be your huckleberry. Naked before and after pictures I suppose? Starting after we have pizza with Evan with an a and Angel today in Woodland, California. It'll be considered my last meal till Moab. lets get one thing straight from the beginning, when you reach your fighting weight I'm not going to fight you. Sue will! She'll slap you to sleep and slap you for sleeping. Good luck to us. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'll be your huckleberry. Naked before and after pictures I suppose? Starting after we have pizza with Evan with an a and Angel today in Woodland, California. It'll be considered my last meal till Moab. lets get one thing straight from the beginning, when you reach your fighting weight I'm not going to fight you. Sue will! She'll slap you to sleep and slap you for sleeping. Good luck to us. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D
You are on Dan. I just got off the scales at 275, most I have ever been, it is time to shed it. Will let you know next Sat and see how this goes, I will hate to disappoint you.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
We have been programed by eons of evolution to prepare for the next famine. Those that could pack on the weight survived and went on to reproduce. Those that couldn't died. Today there is food everywhere. We live in a great country. Plenty of food everywhere. Even poor people are fat. No wonder everybody wants to come to America.

Limit your intake to 1500 calories per day and no cheating. One mouthful of food is the difference between gaining and losing weight. A slice of bread is 100 calories. A tablespoon of mayonnaise is 100 calories. A sugar soda is a 100 calories. Eat what you want until you hit 1500 then you are done for the day. You will very hungry all the time and you must do it 7 days a week. No time off for good behavior. One pizza and a weeks worth of dieting goes down the drain. (Hint: Find low calorie high volume food. Get that full feeling. It helps.)

Once you get rolling you will lose about 5 to 6 lbs. per week but you will have to diet at least 3 days before you start losing weight. And once you get down to your desired weight the second problem comes up -- keeping the weight off. That is the real battle, the looong term battle. If you want to keep it off you have to stay hungry the rest of your life. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
We have been programed by eons of evolution to prepare for the next famine. Those that could pack on the weight survived and went on to reproduce. Those that couldn't died. Today there is food everywhere. We live in a great country. Plenty of food everywhere. Even poor people are fat. No wonder everybody wants to come to America.

Limit your intake to 1500 calories per day and no cheating. One mouthful of food is the difference between gaining and losing weight. A slice of bread is 100 calories. A tablespoon of mayonnaise is 100 calories. A sugar soda is a 100 calories. Eat what you want until you hit 1500 then you are done for the day. You will very hungry all the time and you must do it 7 days a week. No time off for good behavior. One pizza and a weeks worth of dieting goes down the drain. (Hint: Find low calorie high volume food. Get that full feeling. It helps.)

Once you get rolling you will lose about 5 to 6 lbs. per week but you will have to diet at least 3 days before you start losing weight. And once you get down to your desired weight the second problem comes up -- keeping the weight off. That is the real battle, the looong term battle. If you want to keep it off you have to stay hungry the rest of your life. Good luck.
You speak the truth here..... And it will drop the weight. I get on the scale every morning naked when I get up before eating or drinking anything. Do this and you will see which mouthful put that pound back on. If the morning weigh-in number is going the wrong way you cut back on food that day.... You will think you are starving

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I'm in! gained 32 lbs since my back injury. Mostly good now so time to get back in the gym. I am NOT sending naked pictures. I do not want any feelings of inadequacy stemming from a Dryden selfie.

Tom:D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Has LT weighted in on this thread yet?
Not yet that I have seen. Could be he is licking the icing off his fingers or avoiding this thread like the plague. :eek:

GaryL

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Weight loss is simple, just eat like the candidates on the "Naked and Afraid show".
Not one of them has gone home weighing more than when they started.
And you won't have to endure all the exotic bug bites and poisonous plants either, nor will you be hearing
Jaguars and other large carnivores near your bedroom. Unless you own some.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Many people have asked how I've stayed relatively thin. I'm 6' and weigh 175. Here's my secret;
1. I don't eat before 3pm, then a LIGHT snack.
2. Dinner at 6pm prompt and I have my wife serve me the portions, I don't fix up my own plate.
3. Same with any dessert or any other food. I ask my wife to serve me what I need.

All this would be torture but for this;
I stay BUSY! I mean when I wake up, within 30 minutes I'm working on a project. I don't stop until dinner. I'm not fast, but with that much time on my hands (I'm retired) I do some pretty amazing projects. I've restored so many classic motorcycles, I couldn't count them all. I added a guest quarters onto the house that includes a full bath, kitchen, living and loft bedroom this summer. I've started building my wife a she-shed. That's for around the house. I ride my bike, ski, fish, hunt, gold pan, hang out in other buddy's garages and help them with their projects, etc. Anything but sit around and have the time to feel hungry.

I'll tell you this; once your stomach shrinks, you won't be able to eat all that much. Last night we had a ribeye steak. I used to be able to eat a steak that size all by myself. Last night it served me, my wife and my dad who now lives with us. I felt full too.

I could still stand to loose some weight; I'd like to be 165 unless I could convert 10 pounds to muscle. I hate exercising for the sake of exercising though. I feel I have to have something to show for the sweat and toil.

BTW, don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am a big enough guy ,6'5" and 240 lbs or so ,and have worn 36" jeans for most of my adult life and never wear a belt .Anyways ,I have been liquidating our local Sears store since the middle of October , and at first was coming home exhausted and ready for bed .I wondered how far I was walking per day as I do a lot of it ,and for Christmas I was given a Fitbit .I have had it on the past three days and am completely blown away with what it is showing .The first two days were not typical for me ,but yesterday was about normal for what I have been doing everyday since October .These results were just at work within a single store . View attachment 147465

Since starting this job ,I had to buy a belt because my pants were falling down ,then I had to drill a few more holes in it because I was too small for the stupid belt .Yes I should buy some smaller jeans ,but I am sure I will rebound fairly quickly after the store closes in a few weeks .If you want to lose some weight ,walk around with some work boots on

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
In corner #1 we have PLUMBSTRAIGHT! He's a big 'un weighing in at 277 pounds. He is the instigator of this challenge and will no doubt be blamed for something before long!? Good luck to you Randell!

In corner #2 we have the most popular contestant, he's been living the good life, let's hear it for DRYDEN T-DUB. He has his work cut out for him. He's weighing in at a robust weight of 197 pounds. Good luck to you Tom

In corner #3 we have the Booneville Barrel weighing in at 215 butter balls. MHOMADNESS is the odds on favorite because of his good looks. If things get ugly he may be in trouble. Good luck to you Mike!

In corner #4 we have short, fat and hard to look at, SANDUE. He is weighing in on his Birthday at 222 that's pounds. No birthday cake for him! Good luck Dan, your gooooooiiiing to need it! Ha.

Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
In corner #1 we have PLUMBSTRAIGHT! He's a big 'un weighing in at 277 pounds. He is the instigator of this challenge and will no doubt be blamed for something before long!? Good luck to you Randell!

In corner #2 we have the most popular contestant, he's been living the good life, let's hear it for DRYDEN T-DUB. He has his work cut out for him. He's weighing in at a robust weight of ( how much you weigh chubby?) Good luck to you Dryden!

In corner #3 we have the Booneville Barrel weighing in at (how much you weigh chub chub?) MHOMADNESS is the odds on favorite because of his good looks. If things get ugly he may be in trouble. Good luck to you Mike!

In corner #4 we have short, fat and hard to look at, SANDUE. He is weighing in on his Birthday at 222 that's pounds. No birthday cake for him! Good luck Dan, your gooooooiiiing to need it! Ha.

Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

It brings great shame to say that at 5'7" I am up to 197lbs! That is chuck full of pizza and chicken wings plus a light beer. I was actively cheering for my Buffalo Bills to make the playoffs for the first time in 17 years which we did! Yay! 160lbs is my goal which I hope to reach by June 1st. My weight has fluctuated up and down a lot since I turned 40 but I have never been this heavy so this is a good challenge at the best possible time for me.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It brings great shame to say that at 5'7" I am up to 197lbs! That is chuck full of pizza and chicken wings plus a light beer. I was actively cheering for my Buffalo Bills to make the playoffs for the first time in 17 years which we did! Yay! 160lbs is my goal which I hope to reach by June 1st. My weight has fluctuated up and down a lot since I turned 40 but I have never been this heavy so this is a good challenge at the best possible time for me.

Tom
Yes Tom, 197 is too much for you and me both. I quit smoking some years back and in 2 months I blossomed up to 198 from my normal 170. I am 5' 10" and absolutely hated dragging around those extra pounds.
Wish you luck in getting back to your fighting weight. As for the Buffalo Bill's, good for them. We have been Bill's fans for a very long time but it is sad that we hate the NFL this and last year and have not watched a single game. A bunch of dumb, cry baby bastards is all I can say about them.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The scales are barely starting to back off. This is going to take a while. I pass up breakfast for a cup of coffee, mind you I have never drank coffee until now, just something warm in the tummy. Have a plate of brocolli at one or two and a light dinner. Did have a steak lastnight without any trimmings. Thank you fellows for the challenge, it will keep me on track.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I will caution all who participate in this contest. The body runs on fuel just like your TW and vehicles. Maintaining your blood sugar levels while dieting is of extreme importance. Starving your stomach is one thing but starving your brain and body of the necessary nutrients and proteins it needs is quite another. The opposite of diabetes is Hypoglycemia or low blood sugar and I have suffered through this all of my life. Start feeling light headed or dizzy when standing or bending over and you have a problem that needs correcting real quick. Do not over do it with this diet.

GaryL

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yes Plumbstraight. This is your doing, I'm becoming a starving lab rat. Did you know that a fat rat dies earlier then a skinny rat. But, the fat rats die happy. The skinny rats are mean for a long time. I'm that rat! At least the mean part. Further more I'm not going to like you much for baiting me into this journey. I'm blaming you for any discomfort expirenced. But, I'll love you all the more after losing 10 pounds. Alright, alright, 30 pounds! Toe the line chubs! Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D

21 - 40 of 182 Posts