TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Do these allow removal of the headlight cover without removal of the rack?

Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Answer: After putting on the front Manrack the answer is yes. Headlight shroud comes off no sweat.

You're welcome...
馃槄

Registered
Have you had any weight on it? I was thinking about adding an above the light rack to carry a chainsaw but not sure I want the weight up that high.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Just put it on yesterday, so no. I don't think this is a good place to put any heavy objects as it will load the forks, and, as you noted, put a lot of weight up high. I plan on keeping a small waterproof bag/duffle with 1st aid stuff, spare gloves, and a rain jacket that goes over my main jacket.

Registered
Have you had any weight on it? I was thinking about adding an above the light rack to carry a chainsaw but not sure I want the weight up that high.
Have you looked at this one?

Registered
Yes, that is the one I would buy or I would just make one similar to the ManRack version. I could knock out a ManRack copy for about $5 of material and a couple hours so I will likely go that way. Just didn't want to build it then find out it makes the bike too top heavy. Most of the time I'm carrying a saw I'm on single track so I don't want it to be unmanageable. Right now I'm just using a backpack but it would be nice to put the saw up front.

Registered
Man rack will hold a small saw. The added weight on stock front suspension might cause more bottoming out though.

Registered
I carry about 4 lbs on mine always, for tire repair stuff and a few tools.

one time I carried a 30 pack of brew on the front man rack - that DID change driveability! Only had to ride a few miles back to camp fortunately

1 - 10 of 10 Posts