TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friends, we are one step closer to understanding the ever-elusive weight capacity of the ManRack rear rack, in this case the formidable TW200 [Rear] Rack w/ Bungee Loops.

I was motorcycle camping this weekend and after having been stuck in the rain then forced to set up wet and after dark untied all my gear and headed off from my campsite to McDonalds. Soon I heard a horrible noise come from my rear left side and stopped. In the dark I'd failed to unhook one of my 1" Rok straps, and it had been sucked into the chain. The Rok strap...wait for it...is rated at 100 lbs. with a 200 lbs. burst strength. It gets better.

The strap was attached the the thinnest part of the rack, the bungee loop, and that part and the rack in its entirety survived in very good shape. Take a look at the minor bend of the bungee loop:

For comparison purposes here's the other side:

You'll notice there's a slight slope now downward on the left side of the ManRack, but my bike frame looks fine:

Rock and roll, peeps, Rejoice! Two bonus pics from my camping trip:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Eureka Timberline 2, finest tent known to man! I was so wet and so tired I forgot to stake down the rain cover. Still, I slept like a baby, and once I got in and dried off I stayed nice and toasty and dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts