TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you help my students out and go this think and vote for Beaver Area Middle schools manufacturing video? You can vote more than once...as many times as you want actually, anyone you can share it with would be awesome also....share on Facebook, twitter whatever, we need a ton of votes! Of course if you watch others and think they are better, show them support, but every vote for Beaver helps our kids!

https://www.whatssocool.org/contests/pittsburgh-central/#

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Heck, got my vote twice.;)
It could have been a bit better to have the students enunciate the companies name a little stronger at the beginning, I had to hear it a few times before 100% comprehension. Shyness while projecting dialog is natural but the audience wants to hear clear confident voice. Most kids warm up after a few words but intros often needs more punch.
I encounter this poor enunciation often with phone receptionists and solicitors who rush or mumble their way through canned greetings and responses. They know the name of their company but their audience doesn't, yet they have repeated the message so often they fail to focus on getting the message clearly across.
This is not a serious critique, I liked the video and the home town industry.
Problem is not limited to kids; I once was in charge of an in-house video production and the main credible talent was an older geologist who just couldn't get it across on camera. Edit,edit,edit in post production to no avail, all takes were lacking necessary enthusiasm, after all we were asking for a bigger budget.:eek: Ended up flying him across country, took him out to dinner and poured enough beer into him so that a late night session back at the studio brought out the necessary eloquence.
Now you can't pour beer into your students so use encouragement instead?

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
At 8 years old I wasn't anywhere close to ordering anything on a computer let alone an iPad. I think I ordered some x-ray glasses from Boy's Life magazine via the mail. 30-60 days shipping guaranteed!

Voted.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! Constructive criticism is much appreciated also! This is the second time we competed in this contest, but its the first time for this group of kids. Its a learning process for sure, so each year we are trying to learn from our mistakes! We appreciate the votes as much as comments and suggestions for the future contests!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts