TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those here who know me also know I have bought and sold many TWs over the years. I have also bought many parts from members here and off the auction and CL.

At 66 I just can't horse these bikes around like I used to so it is time to clear the shelves of all the parts I have collected. Because of the ridiculous price of shipping each little part separately I prefer to sell some stuff in lots. I know what I paid when I bought this stuff and I know what it is worth. For members here I will let you decide what you are willing to pay and as long as you are fair and reasonable then I will be too.

Be specific about what you want to buy and I will only accept offers through PM (Private Messages) here. If you don't hear back from me in a day then it is reasonable to assume that your offer is unreasonable and you won't be hearing from me.

I will be adding some other stuff in a few days but feel free to ask if you are looking for a particular part I might have. I do not have any internal engine parts other than 2 OEM Yamaha Kick start kits with the correct parts for the TW or for the XT225. Those will be sold later. All these parts are used but certainly in good to excellent condition. I would not sell junk or any part that has issues unless you are aware of scuffs or scratches. None of the plastics have broken tabs or melted sections but they do have normal use and some age.

I will post just one photo here to make sure I have that function working right and then add additional parts photos in subsequent posts.

GaryL

Pre 2001 Speedo and light box on the bracket in very nice condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More parts. Turn your TW black. All the plastics to change colors. The tail light appears to be brand new. Seat cover is gorgeous and all the plastics are is very nice condition.

IMG_1445.JPG IMG_1444.JPG IMG_1443.JPG

Someone please tell me if these pics show up because they do for me but might not for others.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full set of blinkers in like new shape, two fronts with 3 wires and 2 rears with 2 wires.

IMG_1452.JPG

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Nic Gary. However pictures in post #2 come back as Invalid Attachments on my Mac.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fred and Tj, Think I fixed them.

More pics.

Old style carb. Pretty sure it has mostly new parts in it and an extended fuel screw of my own design so you don't burn your fingers adjusting it. No broken posts inside for sure but I bought a new one and just put this one on the shelf. This fits from 1987-2000 TWs and possibly the BW 200 as well.

IMG_1450.JPG

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More Parts.

Here I have 2 working headlights with the outer rims. One headlight holder bracket, 2 black side covers right and left side one headlight cowl with a good scuff of road rash on it, 2 front brake cables, one old style throttle cable and a couple switches.

IMG_1447.JPG

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More Parts.

Here I have a white and black rear cowl, White front fender with the bracket and 2 white headlight cowls that both look new. The white front fender and white rear cowl are very nice and the black rear cowl has some scuffs and fading.

IMG_1453.JPG

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More Parts.

Here I have a complete air box and 2 right side electrical boxes, a chain guard, a rear tail light holder and a rear cowl sub frame that is as new plus 4 levers. I think 3 are brake and one is clutch. Various other air box parts and 2 rubber lever covers.

IMG_1448.JPG

Any of these parts that don't sell here in the next week or two will go on Ebay by the end of this month.

As far as shipping goes, What ever it costs me I will pass on to you and I don't make money on shipping. The post office and UPS drop off at Staples is a 40 mile round trip so I won't be running to get exact prices and instead I will let you know how much the shipping costs when it goes. I accept Pay Pal.

Like I said shipping this stuff is expensive. I will entertain separating some things if all you need is one little part but keep in mind a ten dollar part might cost $8 to ship.

More stuff when I get to it.

Thanks

GaryL

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More Parts.

Here I have a brand new shock. This is the newest upgraded style I believe from a 2017 model but it fits all years. I bought it from a member here for $45 and it cost $35 to ship it to me.

$80 Firm with the shipping. I don't believe it has even been on a bike.

IMG_1454.JPG

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All pics now showing ,,, ;)
Yup! You just have to do the Go Advanced thing and jump through hoops to get them down and uploaded the right way for this forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello,
I might be interested in a set of plastics--all the way from from headlight cowl to rear fender and side covers.
Probably will be painting them to match frame so don't care which color set I get.
Can you send me a price shipped to ZIP 48820?
My email is [email protected]
Thank you,
Simba

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello,
I might be interested in a set of plastics--all the way from from headlight cowl to rear fender and side covers.
Probably will be painting them to match frame so don't care which color set I get.
Can you send me a price shipped to ZIP 48820?
My email is [email protected]
Thank you,
Simba
The complete black set in post #2 I will not break up and is far too nice to be painted over. Go to posts 7, 8 and 9 where I have some mix and match parts such as the side covers with Pro Cycle stickers and a lone rear tail light holder.

Send me a PM telling me the exact parts you want and what you are willing to pay and I will determine the shipping once I know the parts you want.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Domestic Flat Rate box weight limits are a generous 70 lbs so shipping fees for something heavy lkike the rear shock could be under $20 for the clever shipper. Flat Rate Envelope fees are reasonable too as long as parts can be stuffed into the envelope.;) Same for Iternational Flat Rate fees for you Canadians purchasers.

Priority Mail[SUP]®[/SUP] Flat Rate OptionsMaximum WeightPost Office™ Rate
Medium Flat Rate Box - Top Loadingup to 70 lbs.$13.65
Medium Flat Rate Box - Side Loadingup to 70 lbs.$13.65
Large Flat Rate Boxup to 70 lbs.$18.90
APO/FPO Large Boxup to 70 lbs.$17.40

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Domestic Flat Rate box weight limits are a generous 70 lbs so shipping fees for something heavy lkike the rear shock could be under $20 for the clever shipper. Flat Rate Envelope fees are reasonable too as long as parts can be stuffed into the envelope.;) Same for Iternational Flat Rate fees for you Canadians purchasers.

Priority Mail[SUP]®[/SUP] Flat Rate OptionsMaximum WeightPost Office™ Rate
Medium Flat Rate Box - Top Loadingup to 70 lbs.$13.65
Medium Flat Rate Box - Side Loadingup to 70 lbs.$13.65
Large Flat Rate Boxup to 70 lbs.$18.90
APO/FPO Large Boxup to 70 lbs.$17.40
All great info Fred but the USPS does not have flat rate boxes that will fit plastics such as the rear cowl or a front fender. When ever possible I certainly would us these options but past experience with stuff that does not fit in their flat rate boxes has proven to be very expensive and just about the same price between the 3 major shippers. Having a business shipping account would be beneficial at this point. Cycle Racks sells a rack shipped for $199. I have one here that is new but the cost for me to ship it is ridiculous because I am not a business.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Why do you think I wrote "as long as parts can be stuffed into the envelope" ? I'm not that stupid:p

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Nice parts at good prices Gary, I know the effort to pack and ship is never adequately acknowledged nor rewarded.
Sorry for snide remark.
Previous comment was more for others who might not be aware of possible affordable options offered by the USPS for both domestic and international shipments.
And for you foreign shippers sending stuff to the USA some older trade treaties have the US still accepting and delivering many overseas shipments at domestic or less postal rates, a real bargain if you're mailing a carb from someplace like China.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No snideness noted here Fred. Shipping can be both challenging and at times even reasonable as you point out with the flat rate USPS boxes. The real bargain is if what you have is heavy but will fit in a USPS box. None of my stuff weighs all that much but it is mostly over sized for their boxes.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 59 Posts