TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I'm seeing the largest group of F-34's in night training that I have ever seen at Luke AFB looks like they are gettin ready for something !

Usually I see groups of 2 to maybe 8 planes but this is miles of F-34's lined up making approach to touchdown I cant count them all

·
Registered
20,157 Posts

·
Registered
20,157 Posts
I thought maybe you had ring-side seats at Area 51 to catch sight of any Swiftwinds:p
"The F-34 'Swiftwind' is a STOL multirole fighter, designed to outperform F-35. Using slightly upgraded P&W F135-100 afterburning turbofan engine, the F-34 achieves maximum speed of Mach 2.4 at 65000ft. It's also equipped with thrust vectoring nozzle, thereby enhancing aircraft's maneuverability. The F-34 has STOL capability, thanks to it's blown wing. The initial version of F-34 comes with 4 versions, including Stealthy Air Superioty, Close Air Support, Bomber, and Stand Off Missile Platform"

It seems to be a busy time for military exercises. I saw my first V-22 Ospreys tilt rotors up close and personal as a pair of them roared past my camp high above Mono Lake Monday just before dusk. They were in full airplane mode contouring along the slope of my mountain maybe 200 vertical ft below me heading north. Darn impressive and un-natural looking to see those big rotors pulling the Osperys along. They were likely on their way to train-up with the troops at the Marine Mountain Warfare School at foot of Sonora Pass some 10 miles west of our Sweetwater camp site. Some of the guys reported hearing a lot of night maneuvering aircraft Saturday night while I blissfully slept after a good day’s group ride.

Not my photo but this is like the glimpse I got:

images-2.jpeg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts