TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the May Bike of the Month Competition!

April BOTM Winner: @Kimbo20

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
21,594 Posts
Kimbo20, you still owe us a story along with your BOTM award, might help you meet more of us. For instance what sort of TW riding interests you? Wouldn't want to invite you on too milk-toast or too intense of a ride with a few of us others. We all want to have fun that is not boring but still go home intact. Since these are Dual Sport machines a person can enjoy so much variety whether it be relaxed touring the paved twisty backroads in the foothills out your back door to spirited single track trails with or without rocky "turbulence" as Admiral would say. These bikes are just great for exploring the Sierras on pavement, graded fire roads, or the more intense narrow trails.
By the way Mrs.Admiral rides all flavors and intensities on her custom pink TW WILBUR, she is certainly worth meeting and riding with. Same for SanDue out of Redding, another couple who ride side by side on their matching TWs . They've joined me on many a group ride from mild to slightly wild and lived to tell the tale.

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Kimbo20, you still owe us a story along with your BOTM award, might help you meet more of us. For instance what sort of TW riding interests you? Wouldn't want to invite you on too milk-toast or too intense of a ride with a few of us others. We all want to have fun that is not boring but still go home intact. Since these are Dual Sport machines a person can enjoy so much variety whether it be relaxed touring the paved twisty backroads in the foothills out your back door to spirited single track trails with or without rocky "turbulence" as Admiral would say. These bikes are just great for exploring the Sierras on pavement, graded fire roads, or the more intense narrow trails.
By the way Mrs.Admiral rides all flavors and intensities on her custom pink TW WILBUR, she is certainly worth meeting and riding with. Same for SanDue out of Redding, another couple who ride side by side on their matching TWs . They've joined me on many a group ride from mild to slightly wild and lived to tell the tale.
Hmmmm..... let’s see. Been riding off-road since age 10. Continued riding dirt 2-strokes off/on pre and post kids...still ride my ‘01 RM125 at Prairie City (as long as can swing leg over til hip gives out). 😆. Got my M1 about 7-8 years ago because was on my buck list and then picked up a DR350SE which I rode up/down Salmon Falls for a year....til one day I got home and thought kickstand down and a little too much lean and bike tackled me - sold it. Started the hunt for an XT225 and they were hard to find, so about to give up and found one with blown motor for $250 ( now it in the shop). That being said I had been reading all the peeps who loved both their XT225’s and T-dubs. Hmmmm....I remembered Darrell had a couple and thought would ask if one for sale. Well that was about 6 weeks ago after a lovely test ride, I followed him home and we threw it in my truck. I ride it up/down Salmon Falls EDH/Pilot Hill. I like trails....not big on giant loose rock trails. Ridden the RM125 at Mammoth Bar and Sugar Pine Foresthill) and my DR350SE up to Pollock Pines. I’ve pushed the TW up past 65mph.....we’ll see how it compares to the XT225 ( yikes did I just say that out loud on TW forum?!) Lol ..thanks for having me. I’m game for a good ride...need to know what to bring.

·
Registered
2021 TW200
1 Posts
IMG_20201231_143439328.jpg
IMG_20210213_131215232.jpg
IMG_20210410_144310242_HDR.jpg

Zero modifications so far. The first is going to be a rack!

May favorite aspect of this bike is how it climbs hills. Having mountain biked these hills in Colorado for years, it is so satisfying and thrilling to effortlessly climb up a rutted, scree filled incline!

·
Premium Member
TW 200 2022
19 Posts

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

TW200..2020 ..love the FS trails in the Olympic range near the Hood Canal and the Entiat range near Plain

·
Premium Member
TW 200 2022
19 Posts
2020 TDub…cyclerack, acerbic hand guards, cycle rack panels for rotopax plus bags…I enjoy the LK Wenatchee trails and the Entiat ridge plus the Trails of the Hood Canal from Dosewallips to Cushman

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 TDub/2017 Kawasaki Versys 650/2003 Suzuki Burgman 650/1996 HD Heritage Softail Classic
19 Posts
Here is my 2018 TDub I bought for myself (finally) as a reward for quitting smoking. You're gonna be sooo jealous of the deal I got! First of all, ironically and not planned, I smoked my last Marlboro Black on 4/20/19! I smoked 2 packs a day. At the time they were $8/pk, so that was $480/month!

I have always been keeping an eye out for a used TDub and in the following November I struck paydirt. A local dealership put one on CL for $2999. Within 24 hours I was there with the cash. I thought for sure they were gonna say it was a typo and supposed to be $3999, which I still would have stolen it for! $2999 WAS indeed the price and the mileage was only 412!! And it gets better! Already on the bike were Tusk handguards and proper foot pegs!

The best part? My not smoking savings paid for the purchase price, tax, insurance and mv fees!!

I have since added a Tusk back rack and upgraded to a Seat Concepts comfort seat. Also a Moose skid plateThe $200 spent on the seat has been the best mod so far and if I was only able to own one with only one mod, it would be that seat. Simply awesome. Discomfort is a non-issue now.

I ride regularly in the NJ Pine Barrens and every ride is epic. Hope to meet more TDubbers and hit the trails in a group.
Hope you liked my story. All true too. I still say that price was a typo but they ate it as a good business move. Thanks for reading. Tom K.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 TW 200
4 Posts
2021 picked up a couple of months ago. Had to drive a couple hours to get it. Was going to replace my 2008, but after further review (a.k.a. negotiation with the better half) I'm keeping that as well. I do mostly townie type riding and local treks so went for more of an Urban Assault Vehicle vibe than a hardcore Off-Roader, but have a couple of spots where I can ride along the beach (which is so cool that I do it to start most days) and some light trails.

Farkle so far includes:

-Happy Trail rear racks, bags and front rack - Good reinforcement for rear frame weakness. came with the 2008. I love the storage and look of the wide hips;)
-Tusk Handguards
-Wolo Horn - freaks people out when that much sound comes out of this little package;)
-Jimbo Windshield - Had one on the 2008 and couldn't believe the difference such a small surface can make
-Cheapo generic tach
-Generic larger foot pegs
-Emgo rectangular mirrors (prefer them matching the headlight shape vs. the stock round ones - more surface too)
-USB outlets
-Ram mounts for phone and cup holder
-Cheapo foam grip covers
-Battery Tender leads
-Had the tank bag from 20+ years ago
-Came with the flat oil filter so replaced with the Yama pleated one after 250 mi
-De-badged most of the Yama stuff (I didn't pay to be a Yama billboard!) and re-badged with places she's been so far
- To be continued...

Tempted to do new tires, but can't bring myself to replace brand new rubber just yet.

G Dub

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mr. Putter, a 2021 model, was purchased new last fall. The name comes from a competitive mini-golf scene in the Simpsons, in which Bart is pressured to name his golf club.

He has the following major upgrades:
  • Ricochet skid plate
  • Tusk handguards, rear rack
  • X-ring chain, 55t rear sprocket
  • Shinko 241 front tire

His favorite experience so far has been a week spent romping in the Moab, UT area, far from his Wisconsin home. He eventually received a nice scrubbing, though not before posing with his battle markings, worn here with pride.

·
Administrator
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations to @Willys714 ! He is our first winner of the Bike of the Month Competition!

Voting is now closed and we will be starting a new BOTM competition for June here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.