TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

May BOTM

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  GreatWhiteHunter 
#1 ·
Welcome to the May Bike of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Congrats to our April Winner, @GreatWhiteHunter

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#5 ·
Every ride to ride is my favorite- always enjoy the equal parts stoke and confusion I leave in my wake 😁

Cycleworks rack
2x2 Cycles mountain bike rack

Attachments

#6 ·
2022, not even out of warranty and I had to void it. And yes, this is as clean as it gets. Too busy riding it. That tire turns it into a tractor, basically anywhere an ATV can go, this has no trouble as long as the water doesn't go too much deeper than the seat.

My most memorable ride was two weekends ago. There was a huge rain storm approaching. I was exploring snowmobile trail, and ran into some hard packed snow. It was fairly easy to cross, but it was deep enough to worry me if I started breaking through a mile further down. So I decided to ride through a field that looked like it had recently been brush cut. I made it about half a mile down this field, bumping in and out of deep water filled holes and giggling at what wouldnt' stop me, when finally I jerked to a sudden stop. I couldn't push the bike forwards or backwards, so I layed it over to attempt to break suction.

Then I couldn't pick it up again! It was in a water filled hole, where if I applied force to the bars, it would shove my legs deeper into the ground instead. Finally I pulled out a section of webbing I had on hand, and standing on firm ground, pulled the bike upright. I was then able to ride away after noticing there was a huge stick bound up in the brake linkage. The only thing stopping me.

After I rode out, I discovered it was actually swamp, and it was settling from my own weight.

XT225 clark tank
Seat concepts tall seat
Custom trailer wheel hub machined by me
Bighorn 2.0 tire
LEDs everywhere

Unstoppable except by unseen submerged trees.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Tire Snow Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

#12 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
This is my 2001 TW200. Love the ‘dub!
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

This is my second TW and it’s a keeper. As you can see I kept it pretty much stock! 😂🤦‍♂️😜

But honestly it’s a fun bike to kick around on. “El Burro” or “Donkey” will climb every mountain, follow every byway, ford every stream, and take every path you know.

I keep 10 pesos glued to the gas cap in case I need to fill ‘er up.

Some of the mods are, removed front fender, Tech Industries tail tidy, swapped out the cowling, Speedo, cluster, for a simple cable speedo and large LED headlight. Tank has been scrubbed, sanded, and clear coated. Regeared the front and rear sprockets for better all around riding. Removed the kickstand switch, removed blinkers for low profile rear and integrated fronts in headlight, lots more of that type of unnecessary nonsense.

Thanks
Blaqkout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.