TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed some health problems that makes it a bit unsafe for me to be on 2 wheels. I was even hoping to get a bigger road bike to do some weekend trips this summer, but not gonna happen now.:(

Registered
Sorry to hear that man...hope it goes well for you.

Registered
Same here Tuber, I can still ride but it is no fun anymore. I do still enjoy wrenching on them when ever I find a worthy canvas but once I get them all sorted out they go down the road and only with me doing a basic test ride to be sure all systems are working right. Just 30 minutes on a TW or BW and I suffer for three days after the ride.
Be well buddy and good luck when you decide to sell the bike.

GaryL

Registered
I have found it very tought at times strength wise in most situations attempting off road enjoyment while on my TW. I was under going Chemo and radiation therapy through this past year and a half while dealing with lung cancer.

I refused to give up on myself and my family.

I put the TW away in storage, sold my 99 Suzuki 500 quadrunner with full time 4x4 ( as full time 4x4 makes for hard steering with the chemo casued weakness I was dealing with.)

I replaced it with a 05 low, mileage camo Yamaha Kodiak 450 quad with the options of 2 wheel drive (very easy to steer in this mode), 4 wheel drive, or 4wheel drive with front diff. locked in ( have not need the lock feature to date but it's nice to know it's there if needed ).

This quad is stable, not too big size and weight wise, and perhaps climbs off road and on trails better than my TW 200, while providing way more control, and stability. It has all the power I feel I'll ever need...

Besides all that, I don't have to constantly be looking down to see what is next in line for the front tire to challange.. Rather I sit back and ride the ride while at the same time looking around somewhat to enjoy the view....

I guess what I'm trying to get across is perhaps you might think a bit out side of the 2 wheel box and consider 4 of them instead.

As an update, thank's to the Portland Or. VA hospital, its great cancer doctors and nurses as well as a new FDA released immiono therapy designed for some patients having non-small cell lung cancer ( I was told I was the 3 veteran nationwide at that point to recieve it. )
They have supplied me this new therapy for the past 12 months and am now only two infussions away from completion. I am now in total remission with no cancer evident and the only negative effect being the future permanent radiation caused scar tissue in the lung which will severly limit air intake for what ever time I'm given to enjoy.
At this point all is great. I'm changing my lifestyle somewhat and going on with life.

I'm once again enjoying the TW, as well as the Kodiak and my new Harley.
All of my grand kids are icing on the cake.

Hang in there and perhaps you too will be throwing your leg over a toy sooner than later also.

Gene aka: excalibur

Super Moderator
Great News brother Gene!!! :)
I have found it very tought at times strength wise in most situations attempting off road enjoyment while on my TW. I was under going Chemo and radiation therapy through this past year and a half while dealing with lung cancer.

I refused to give up on myself and my family.

I put the TW away in storage, sold my 99 Suzuki 500 quadrunner with full time 4x4 ( as full time 4x4 makes for hard steering with the chemo casued weakness I was dealing with.)

I replaced it with a 05 low, mileage camo Yamaha Kodiak 450 quad with the options of 2 wheel drive (very easy to steer in this mode), 4 wheel drive, or 4wheel drive with front diff. locked in ( have not need the lock feature to date but it's nice to know it's there if needed ).

This quad is stable, not too big size and weight wise, and perhaps climbs off road and on trails better than my TW 200, while providing way more control, and stability. It has all the power I feel I'll ever need...

Besides all that, I don't have to constantly be looking down to see what is next in line for the front tire to challange.. Rather I sit back and ride the ride while at the same time looking around somewhat to enjoy the view....

I guess what I'm trying to get across is perhaps you might think a bit out side of the 2 wheel box and consider 4 of them instead.

As an update, thank's to the Portland Or. VA hospital, its great cancer doctors and nurses as well as a new FDA released immiono therapy designed for some patients having non-small cell lung cancer ( I was told I was the 3 veteran nationwide at that point to recieve it. )
They have supplied me this new therapy for the past 12 months and am now only two infussions away from completion. I am now in total remission with no cancer evident and the only negative effect being the future permanent radiation caused scar tissue in the lung which will severly limit air intake for what ever time I'm given to enjoy.
At this point all is great. I'm changing my lifestyle somewhat and going on with life.

I'm once again enjoying the TW, as well as the Kodiak and my new Harley.
All of my grand kids are icing on the cake.

Hang in there and perhaps you too will be throwing your leg over a toy sooner than later also.

Gene aka: excalibur

Registered
Gotta be adaptive. I often cannot ride or even turn a wrench thanks to a great combo of brain cancer and gnarly arthritis. But if I push, I can ride a bicycle. Riding bike keeps me in shape so that on the days I feel I can ride, the Chances that I really can are increased. I found a nice young man who wants to ride TW but needs a master tech to assist in learning how to keep these antiques running. I no longer have to sacrifice my hands or back. Gave him my whole quiver of steeds. I don鈥檛 have to turn a wrench no mo. Just go riding with the boy seeing as he鈥檚 got nice set up bikes now n takes care of em. He even has truck!
Tonto

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I have been thinking about a 4 wheeler. My local dealer who was Yamaha sold a lot of them and he is quite experienced, plus close by. I have about 3 acres to play on and a big field behind my field. I did sell the Tdub for what I paid for it,tho it had a few farkles on it. I will be in therapy until December, then we will see what we see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts