TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you follow college football, you might have taken notice of our Boise State Broncos (#2 in the nation at this writing!). I'm thinking that since my '93 TW is mostly blue anyway, perhaps if we go to the Rose Bowl, or better yet, the National Title Game, I should get out the orange paint and make me a "Bronco Bike!"

Whatja think?? Why ride a "Mule" when you can ride a Bronco!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you follow college football, you might have taken notice of our Boise State Broncos (#2 in the nation at this writing!). I'm thinking that since my '93 TW is mostly blue anyway, perhaps if we go to the Rose Bowl, or better yet, the National Title Game, I should get out the orange paint and make me a "Bronco Bike!"

Whatja think?? Why ride a "Mule" when you can ride a Bronco!!

Love it, Truelight! Go Broncos!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Nice job. I spent two weeks on the state campus putting a sbux in the albertson library. Pretty cool town.

Josh

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do realize at the moment my "Bronco Bike" is only a computerized "virtual paintjob",right? I'm really liking the look though now that I see it and wonder if this might be a winter project. I'd have to think if it came out as well as the mock-up I'd have a real head turner riding it around the streets of Boise. I'd also guess should I one day want to sell the bike (and of course trade up to a newer TW!) that it would greatly increase the sales appeal.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh yeah I knew it was photo shopped. I still think it a cool idea. Anything to turned head and ask what is that! Lizardbrth and I once went to the Rock Store on Mulholland Drive where all kinds of expensive Harley bikes were there. We parked on the other side of the street so not to take away from their limelight. However, most of the people walked to the other side of the street to look at Lizardbrth's camouflage bike trying to figure out what it was and were impressed by it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You know, my bike is the uggo teal and I was gonna re-do it this winter anyway, I am a 90% pavement rider, if you want to do the work, I will let you use my bike as a canvas. Still my bike but you get full artistic license and credit.

I am a BSU alumni, ignore Willie, he is just still grumpy cuz we wooped up on TCU last year

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Color scheme is pretty unique which makes it cool. Bronco logo's....could live without 'em, but something should/could be added to the fuel tank and sides. How 'bout magnetic logo for the tank. Put it on during the football season, and take it off when its over! Just a thought. Oh, almost forgot...there are other BSU programs other than football too.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Color scheme is pretty unique which makes it cool. Bronco logo's....could live without 'em, but something should/could be added to the fuel tank and sides. How 'bout magnetic logo for the tank. Put it on during the football season, and take it off when its over! Just a thought. Oh, almost forgot...there are other BSU programs other than football too.

Without the Bronco logos, it would just be a blue and orange TW. (Plus...anything to get rid of that nasty 70's-looking TW tank logo!) Besides, if I go to trade up one day I'd think a "Bronco Bike" would sell in a heartbeat. All I'd have to do is ride it over to BSU on gameday!

Here's another mock-up... (I'm liking it better all the time) Can I substitute this one for my Bridge Photo contest entry??

·
Registered
908 Posts
Thats some decent photoshopping... I haven't tried that yet. I have the whole photoshop suite... what function are you using to get this to turn out so well!?

·
Registered
164 Posts
good thing it's not a DENVER bronco bike, it would be hard to ride with a paper bag over your helmet.............. :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats some decent photoshopping... I haven't tried that yet. I have the whole photoshop suite... what function are you using to get this to turn out so well!?

Maybe it's because I don't use Photoshop ! (
)

I use Corel Paintshop Pro X2 and have lots of experience with it. I use the Color Changer tool and work on multiple layers so I can erase parts that I don't want "painted."

Thanks for the compliments though. Anyone else want a "virtual paint job?" Post a good photo of your bike and tell me what colors you'd like it to be. I'll play with some of them if I have time.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Maybe it's because I don't use Photoshop ! (
)

I use Corel Paintshop Pro X2 and have lots of experience with it. I use the Color Changer tool and work on multiple layers so I can erase parts that I don't want "painted."

Thanks for the compliments though. Anyone else want a "virtual paint job?" Post a good photo of your bike and tell me what colors you'd like it to be. I'll play with some of them if I have time.

Maybe you shouldn't use the term "Photoshop" then!
j/k!

You could say it was "Corelled" or photoCHOPPED... hehe

I'll have to see if adobe photoshop has a tool for it... great way to test out color scheme ideas...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks.

I have used plastic paint to put some new life into my white plastic and it worked pretty good. I see the plastic paint of choice seems to be Krylon Fusion and that they do have a "Pumpkin" or as the also call it "Safety Orange." I will have to take a look and see if it is the good shade. Of course I'd also like to strip and repaint my fuel tank and wonder if the same paint would be good for metal? I'll have to do some research and then also wait until the weather has me parking the bike for good for the winter. Might be a good project after the Broncos win the National Championship in January.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd have you "paint" a pic of mine, but your rendering is exactly the look I'd go for.....minus the football reference.

I'm a sucker for orange. We used to have an orange 1969 Ford Bronco...so your Bronco version really speaks to me

Valspar has a spray paint named Autumn Crush. Lowes has it. We've repainted parts of the skidloader with it. Think Bobcat orange....its a dead ringer for the original color.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Truelight,

Here are a few photo's of my TW (minus Georgie) that I would like to see if you can photo chop, bop, slop or whatever it is you can do to change the color. My colors of choice are: Yellow and Black.

I want my gas tank and frame (if you can get that detailed) in yellow. For the rest (seat, side plastics, front shroud, swing arm, rims, and front fender), try different variations.

This was (is) what I had envisioned, but can't picture it in my head: Tank and frame yellow; side plastics yellow, handle bar black, engine stays black.

Had trouble with how the front shroud, fender, swing arm. I was also thinking of painting the outer part of the rims yellow (sort of like a white sidewall on tires).

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts