TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit 2 September 2015. I deleted the original video. Since this ride was in February, I'll replace it with another winter time video. And it's still in the back 40!

Didn't get a chance to ride with Ron at Hemingway Butte OHV. Plan B, short 2 hour ride out back.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh that looks like fun! Do you use fatter tires other than the stock ones for the sand? And did Georgie hitch a ride back home? He looks pretty happy, running the trail with you.

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the stock rear. Anytime off road I have both tire psi around 12. I've gotten much more comfortable riding in the sand over the past couple years. I use to avoid this area and sand in general, now I have fun in it. Would have been even more aggressive riding, but Georgie was on the back. First part was actually a short break and she was muggin for the camera! Giggle

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's cute! Is she a german shepherd?
No, way to small. She was a stray, so we don't really know. It's been suggested she is a version of an Australian Kelpie. These Kelpie's can look very different, which is why I say a version thereof. We think she looks like a Smokeblue Kelpie. But all of this is just a guess.

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
Very Nice, I salute you Admiral! Sand Hollow seems aptly named. Always enjoy your postings and videos, always looking for your loyal Georgie or a hammer or two.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Seem to remember this ride a couple months ago, but everything was covered in white. Thanks for the videos admiral.

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Fred, yep I'm guessing it's how Sand Hollow got it's name.

Hey MCC1776, same back 40, different part. But yes, it does all look the same...except for the sand hills part. Real lucky to have this out the back door so I can take a short jaunt right after work!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks a good ride, see you had your mits on, was it cold?
Wondered where Georgie was, didn't realise she had hitched a lift :)
When we had a dog, he loved to ride, used to strap a bit of old carpet on the tank for him to get a grip (he was smaller than your Georgie), it is nice when you can take them with you
We only have cats now, so out of the question lol

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks a good ride, see you had your mits on, was it cold?
Wondered where Georgie was, didn't realise she had hitched a lift :)
When we had a dog, he loved to ride, used to strap a bit of old carpet on the tank for him to get a grip (he was smaller than your Georgie), it is nice when you can take them with you
We only have cats now, so out of the question lol
It really isn't that cold (except for the mornings). It's in the 50's on these rides. The mitts are so darn comfy...and so is the windshield. I'm spoiled and don't want to take them off until it gets in the 70's.:p

Happy to see Spring has sprung for you Admiral.
For the most part it has down here in the treeless lowlands. I've been out riding in the back 40 almost everyday this past week. I'd ride everyday if I could!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts