TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
After this length of time I hope he has at the very least been in contact with you keeping you up to date.....regardless of progress, or lack thereof.
Lol nope. Give a guy plenty of rope to hang himself with, or give him the time to turn out something perfect.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
@TWBigBlake , I hope it works out and we can all be friends. One thing is for certain, it's nagging at him on the back of his mind. Kind of like having a dark cloud hanging over him constantly. Is there something he likes or is interested in you are aware of that does not cost too much? And, small enough to send in the mail? No explanation other than your name on the return address. Or, just a note included that simply reads;

Hi John Doe,

Just checking in.

Blake

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Have Tommy take him a box of donuts....

I suppose it would only be half a box.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Yeah...good luck with that.... :LOL:

·
Registered
713 Posts
A few thousand decades ago, I was a lot boy for a Chevrolet dealership in San Diego. I was about 17 at the time. The time frame was '70. There were then, just like todays dealerships, stalls for each mechanic but, were not separated like some today. I would, when I had time, stop to watch and learn from each of those boys back then. It didn't take very long to learn the mental status of each one. There were the very mild mannered ones and, there were the serious but still somewhat civil ones and, finally there was one or two that, once things went south on the car they were working on, you didn't want to be in the same zip code!!!

But, without a doubt, they were all old school. They didn't have computer controlled cars/trucks back then. They simply reasoned out issues and corrected them. Without a doubt, those cars were SERIOUSLY EASIER to work on and figure out issues on, than anything put out in the last several years. And that definitely includes motorcycles.

Todays Techs have some of those same traits. Some mild ones, some serious ones and some, DON'T GET IN THEIR WAY ones. But, as I've read on a few forums, it's very, very difficult to locate not only an honest and straight forward dealership but, also a high quality tech within that dealership. Yes, they exist, no doubt about it. But, there's a lot of hacks out there too. TW's by far, are not overly complicated units. But, they still can give us a fit every now and then.
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Any update? I saw someone reference this saga in another threat, but I never heard what ended up happening. If you explained somewhere else, please link me to it.
Thanks

Yea, project is done:

·
Registered
992 Posts
All good, I'm working on my welding and fabrication, maybe someday I won't have to seek out a mechanic to mount an engine for crazy projects in the future.
Nice. It is good to continue to learn new skills, and sometimes it is a project that forces those skills to be learned.
After 20+ years of wanting to learn to weld I finally have enough projects to justify doing it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A 6 months wait is nonsense.....You can build a house in 6 months ....You can build a human in 9 months.......ask for a firm date for it to be complete and pick it up then....done or undone.....or pick it up now.......I have cars restored or build and I have no patience for that kind of BS....frankly...... I would pick it up now as goodwill is probably gone....

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
A 6 months wait is nonsense.....You can build a house in 6 months ....You can build a human in 9 months.......ask for a firm date for it to be complete and pick it up then....done or undone.....or pick it up now.......I have cars restored or build and I have no patience for that kind of BS....frankly...... I would pick it up now as goodwill is probably gone....
Thanks for the reply Bartruff, it's actually been in there since the beginning for February. The bike is back home now and about to be on its way to a good home.

This (like many others in my life) was my first time at working with a bike mechanic on a custom job and it didn't work out. I understand the rules that need to be set if I decide to ever try this again... Since it's a first, and I only lost time, not money, I'll chock it up to a learning experience and move on.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Big Blake....I have administered dozens of formal contracts.....that were bonded and had completion dates and escrow or payment schedules.....and if a contractor starts falling behind.....I would issue a work order..... it is Newton's First Law of Motion....Bodies at rest tend to stay at rest....unless some additional force is applied......;)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts