TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Regarding OHV decals, get the maps. They will tell you which roads/trails require the sticker and it has been known to change from year to year so you really want to be current. Most of my riding is in the mountains on forest service "roads", some of which are barely passable on a bike, definitely not in a pickup, but yet they are still classified as roads and don't require the stickers. Some of the trails I ride do require the sticker though so I just get one each year just in case I find myself in the back country and see a trail that interests me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm from Idaho Falls, so very close. There will very likely be significant snow in the high country that time of year. I ran into impassable snow on the Garnes Mountain trail early July last summer. Lots of nice places to ride south of Palasades reservoir and along the Snake river. I haven't ridden many trails on the Wyo. side as I mostly go to that area to float the river in Alpine Canyon, and usually just use the bike as a shuttle rig. You could check out the Bear Creek trail near the Palasades dam, or the Fall Creek area near Swan Valley. Those are both good places to ride on the Idaho side. Granite hotsprings would be a good easy day trip from Alpine too.

·
Super Moderator
15,214 Posts
This sounds like a great trip for sure! My wife and I think the dates will work well. Now our question is, we have a Tdub but we my be riding a WR250R, do you allow scum traders like us to join?
I highly doubt it would be TW exclusive and any bike/rider would be welcome. At Moab were are not TW snobs and have several different bikes. You'd be fine with any bike.

·
Super Moderator
20,979 Posts
Ok, I think the answer is no. I understand and I hope it’s a great trip! Enjoy life guys,
You got it all wrong bro. Anyone can ride any bike they want. Like Admiral said, folks from this forum are not snobs. You better go!! 😄

21 - 26 of 26 Posts