TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice but short ride yesterday with Bucknutz and finally got to meet another local member Gregor. It sure was nice seeing 3 TWs in my driveway, my 91 and two 95s.

So I was the slow poke on the trails. Gregor and Bucknutz both have some knarly rear tires and both have much better fronts while I am on the stock tires from 22 years ago that are still like new but hard as rocks and not up to the grip those two have. You really do get a new perspective when you ride behind your same bike but with much better traction. I already put them on my list for Santa, oh wait, that's me!

It really is great meeting up with other local guys who all have nice T Dubs and are ready to ride. Too bad our season is coming to an end up here in NY but I do hope when next year rolls around we can get some other guys from around these parts to get together and do a day ride. We are close to the borders of NY, PA and NJ and I know there are others close enough to join us.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
out here on the west coast, our sheet iron rides have been really enjoyable and successful get togethers. t-dubs seem to attract a good group of people.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Joe, next spring, after I get some new rubber under me, it will be nice to do a nice get together on this side. Have trailer and will travel!

I am sure we could get 3 bikes on mine and where we are in NY is close enough to a bunch of states, Vt., NH., Conn., Mass., NJ. & PA.

Sadly though NY hates any motorized off road vehicles and 95% of the trails we have are off limits to us. We can ride seasonal use roads but there would be lots of highway riding between them.

GaryL

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah Joe, next spring, after I get some new rubber under me, it will be nice to do a nice get together on this side. Have trailer and will travel!

I am sure we could get 3 bikes on mine and where we are in NY is close enough to a bunch of states, Vt., NH., Conn., Mass., NJ. & PA.

Sadly though NY hates any motorized off road vehicles and 95% of the trails we have are off limits to us. We can ride seasonal use roads but there would be lots of highway riding between them.

GaryL
I'd love to tag along with you guys but Life has prevented me from getting the TW dirty all Summer.
My riding season was interrupted as I became a new Dad in June. Was able to get out for a quick day trip to Ct 2 weeks ago and had a blast.
Unfortunately, closest Ive got to off roading were a few construction zones in New London.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had a nice but short ride yesterday with Bucknutz and finally got to meet another local member Gregor. It sure was nice seeing 3 TWs in my driveway, my 91 and two 95s.

So I was the slow poke on the trails. Gregor and Bucknutz both have some knarly rear tires and both have much better fronts while I am on the stock tires from 22 years ago that are still like new but hard as rocks and not up to the grip those two have. You really do get a new perspective when you ride behind your same bike but with much better traction. I already put them on my list for Santa, oh wait, that's me!

It really is great meeting up with other local guys who all have nice T Dubs and are ready to ride. Too bad our season is coming to an end up here in NY but I do hope when next year rolls around we can get some other guys from around these parts to get together and do a day ride. We are close to the borders of NY, PA and NJ and I know there are others close enough to join us.

GaryL
I was just thinking.....
I belong to another forum- Rokon World. With the Rokon guys I host get togethers for guys that are relatively local to ride, wrench, trade parts, drink beer and BS.
I have got 550 AC. With two cabins (flush toilets, shower, kitchen etc.) It is located in Forestburg ny. If there was any interest I could host a TW200 meet, ride, gathering, whatever you wanna call it. It could be fun, just google forestburg, NY to see if its a trip you might be interested in. I would love to see a show of hands as to how many might show....

·
Registered
236 Posts
NY isn't too far from toronto... Maybe a days ride. I would most likely join in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NY isn't too far from toronto... Maybe a days ride. I would most likely join in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
You would have a good 6-7 hour drive to get here from Toronto. Wife is from Brockport and it is 4.5 hours from here to her family. We would certainly welcome our northern brothers but we would also have to make some arrangements to ride various properties not normally accessible. Something to think about for next year for sure and we were at Gregor's camp yesterday and it would be a hoot with lots of room.

We should start a new thread to see just how much interest there would be for some time next spring after things thaw out here.

GaryL

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm in! A bonus for me is it's only about 23 miles away. ( I would still be there if it was a 5 hour drive, too ) Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
323 Posts
It'd be nice if the forums had a "Regional" Section for riders from various parts of the country to meet/plan events/rides. Being in CO this north/eastern meet would be out of my range (would make for an epic trip though ;) ).

There's gotta be some Dubbers out west here interested in meeting/rides. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts