TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I had the pleasure of meeting fellow forum member Mel. He was kind enough to come by and pay us a visit on his way through Tucson.

TW photo op!

We headed up the Redington Rd. switchbacks to soak in some desert scenery.

We headed back down to the valley and spent some time to get to know one another, share a meal, and rest up for another ride in the morning. And I gotta add Mel, you've set a new standard. It's not every houseguest that brings along his own house!

The next day we took a spin up the Catalina Highway, pretty much a must for anyone visiting Tucson.

We stopped off at the old Japanese internment camp to see the remaining foundations.

From there we headed up to Windy Point Vista, where we ran into the local Ducati club. There were some real Italian beauties up there, including some rare classics and a late model Bimota (billet kickstand?).

As always, after it's over I wish I'd taken more pictures. Hopefully Mel has a few to add.

It was a real pleasure to meet another fellow TW200 Forum member and spend some time riding and visiting. Many thanks to Mel for putting in the effort and working us into his plans.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
You guys just love to stick it in and twist the knife don't ya? I'm sitting here in NY with the wind whipping, snow blowing and zero degrees and you guys just had to do it! Lucky Bastids. :D

GaryL and I am sure I speak for the very many others who are in similar winter conditions.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Beautiful blue sky, wow. Neat that Mel is traveling around the U.S. trying to meet all the members in person. Ride on Mel.:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
That was us with the Ducati club. I was the guy poking at your Rubbermaid box, heh.

Figured I'd try to find you, wasn't so hard!

I can be found at various offroad areas around town on my DR350SE when I'm not on one of the Ducatis. Last weekend it was forest road 4436 off of Reddington, but I didn't quite make it to the end. My goal is to try as many of the roads off of Reddington as I can.

Maybe I'll see you around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts